Crisis Mode

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by el_diablo5711, Jun 30, 2010.

1. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Last night I put my droid on the wall charger and the thing managed to fall and bend the pins in the usb hub, making it so that my droid can no longer be charged (or, as you will have guessed, connected to my computer). I have ROM Manager, but I'm down to 20% battery currently and trying to go back to 2.0.1 unrooted before I turn in my phone to be viewed by the lovely veterans at Verizon. However, ROM Manager continues to have issues with converting to the 2.0.1 ROM (It might be prudent to mention now that I'm running Kangerade), and I'm running alarmingly low on time. I obviously can't do the DSLite method owing to the fact that I can't connect to my computer, and I'd love to avoid paying $500 for a new Droid if at all possible. Can somebody offer me some guidance?

Thanks a ton in advance,
    Jeff

2. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I bring the phone into verizon running 2.1 rooted, are they a. even going to notice, or b. going to care when the problem lies within the broken usb port?

3. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My buddy is a store manager for Verizon Wireless here in town, and he told me it does not void your warranty in any way rooting your phone. I would certainly hear what other people have to say regarding this manner if I were you, but thats just what I was told.

4. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I may not have a choice now because my battery is out of juice when I had downgraded to 2.1. I had tried going from 2.2 to 2.0.1 on ROM Manager twice to no avail, and a second ago I downgraded to 2.1, got some strangeass popup message that kept coming up telling me that some application kept forceclosing which I didn't recognize. I then got ROM Manager to boot up again somehow (wouldn't work until the phone had fully been reengaged on the network), and then tried again to go down to 2.0.1 stock, when again Clockwork couldn't do the deed. Clockwork Recovery lists some long stretch of details of errors when I try every time, and I just simply have run out of time and answers because I did all of that when the red battery light was blinking.

I think I may just have to hope when I bring it into VZW

5. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    acore is the process, for the record.

6. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With what little battery is left, I've just been switching back to froyo to start over, and CWR is having problems with that, too. Is the latest version of ROM Manager stable? Latest CWR?

Realized I've been multi-posting. Apologies. But does it have issues with 2.2 perhaps?

7. chadamir

chadamir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to the store and buy a battery charger and charge the battery. Use wifi to connect the phone to your network,

8. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose that could be a solution if and only if Verizon doesn't help me out. I don't want to do that, though; it would be a serious inconvenience.

9. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know anyone with a Droid who can install your battery and charge it for you? If you're in the Denver area, I'd be glad to do it for you. When you get a charged battery, use rom manager to flash sprecovery, then flash back to clockwork. That's the fix according to the dev for the issue you're experiencing. That will get clockwork recovery to work so you can restore to whatever build you need.

10. el_diablo5711

el_diablo5711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently in the Kansas City area. I took it into Verizon today, explained what happened. He sent in for a replacement which will be mailed to me. It doesn't seem like the rooting is going to be even an issue, but I bought a charger (which I'll return in a few days) to see if I can unroot the thing anyway. Thanks for the offer, and your suggestion has been shown to work?

11. schollianmj

schollianmj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes that solution works with the Rom manager issue. or when you get your new droid, use it to charge your old battery and dont waste the money on another charger....

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would unroot before you send it back. Rooting does void the warranty the store might not care but when the phone gets back to the warehouse that might be a issue so to be on the safe side I would unroot.

Search tags for this page

battery pin in phone is bent nexus s

bent prong on motorola charger

droid4 usb bent pins

htc phone battery prongs bent