Crisis averted? BB Boot loop story.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MagicMiloX, May 9, 2010.

1. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So earlier today, I was noticing that I was not getting 3g signal. Not just low signal, my icon wasn't even there. I am running BB 1.0, which has been ridiculously smooth since monday when I originally did it. Well, I tried rebooting, battery pull and rebooting, and that 3g was NOT coming back. Then, during one reboot, it came back for a bit, but my phone started a boot loop, which I had read about but never really experienced. The only thing is, my phone, after a few, came out of it.

I removed the most recent apps I had downloaded just in case SOMEHOW they weren't playing nice with my phone or the ROM, and I rebooted. One of these was SetCPU, which as I understand, just gets disabled at boot when you're using BB 1.0 anyway. My phone went into another loop, but now, it came out of it, 3g is back, and everything seems to be working well. Somehow, my guess, is that SetCPU after a week started to not agree with the ROM.

My question is, has anyone else had anything like this happen? This has been an extremely stable ROM for me, and there is just too much fun to be had with root to go back to stock. I wanted to post here to get some feedback, but I want to emphasize that outside of this, this ROM is ridiculous awesome. Thanks:motdroidhoriz:

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If this happens again, dial *22899, it will reprogram your phone. You won't lose any data or anything.

3. gszeman

gszeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but it could also be the kernel. I'm not sure what kernel you are currently using, but maybe try dropping down to a lower one? It could be that the more apps you put on the phone after the initial install, the more resources were being used by the phone...which maybe didn't agree with the kernel...just a thought...

4. darksiiide

darksiiide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The boot loop that most people are experiencing is from using custom sounds for sd card notifications. If you use a system sound or turn off sd card notifications, it will usually resolve the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk