Crippled HDMI capabilities on the Droid X unlocked

androidpolice

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androidpolice.com
realHDMI1.jpg

Remember the Droid X HDMI lockdown which allowed HDMI to be used only from within the Gallery app? Many Droid X users complained but Motorola didn’t change this behavior.

Of course, the Android community then had to take matters in its own hands and produced a solution: Real HDMI. It unlocks HDMI capabilities which can now be used from outside of the Gallery app.

Read up for more info.

new_to_boston

Reaction score
Any idea if this app will allow ANY on-screen content to be output?
Thank you in advance.

sphen22

Reaction score
Yes it will!!! I have it downloaded and I'm glad to see it made the homepage. Now I can make my friends who have evos jealous!!

20100829180853.jpg

new_to_boston

Reaction score
Cool, thanks sphen. I've also bought it, but will have to wait until I get home tonight (where my hdmi cable is) to try it. Thanks!

nerdkill

Reaction score
does anyone know if anyone is working on an app that will allow you to connect a ps3 controller to your x? it would be amazing to have real hdmi, ps3 emulator, and a connected controller. i know it's kind of a lot, but it seems like there has to be a way.

givmedew

Reaction score
Purchased. I've been putting off getting myself a sling box but now might be a good time.

LIGHT BULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes yes this is awesome. ... I am totally throwing a slingbox on a spare cablebox at my dads house so that I can watch on demand stuff since we have direct tv because our cable company sucks at my place.

friggin sweet! Plus I think that the most basic cable box is free now because its basically required lol!

givmedew

Reaction score
does anyone know if anyone is working on an app that will allow you to connect a ps3 controller to your x? it would be amazing to have real hdmi, ps3 emulator, and a connected controller. i know it's kind of a lot, but it seems like there has to be a way.

I know that it is probably impossible but being that the PS3 controllers are BT it does really make you want it to happen.

sphen22

Reaction score
Def the best app I have downloaded thus far for my X. Can't wait to play FF7 in a hotel room... Assuming the tv has an hdmi port

sphen22

Reaction score
just ran it for three hours with snesoid. Phone got a little hot but that was prolly cuz the charger was plugged in too. Kinda neat got a phone call while playing and put it on speaker and talked through my home stereo!

One problem is it makes my fiance hate my phone more :p