Cricket to VZW

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by aDroidman, Nov 16, 2010.

1. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can any one give me the GSM I need when coming from cricket to Verizon? I have the Droid 1 rooted running sp recovery it was used and is flashed to cricket. I would like to flash it back to vzw

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    you cannot flash the device back to verizon. you need to perform an RSD. this will fully wipe the phone & EVERYTHING back to factory settings. NOTHING be saved. BACKUP everything dear to you.

if there is other ways...i am not aware of them. others will correct me, i am sure.

search the forums for RSD. also see the first link in my sig

you may also want to look at this http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1593533-service-programming-on-the-moto-droid might be of some use.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  3. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fyi I just typed RSD into the search bar on here and nothing came up. When I googled it it came back with methods for rooting your Droid with out RSD can you give me more info that I need yo look for. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry it took so long to reply.....

first, go to this site RS-Files

navigate to the RSDLite folder and download rsdlite + the usb driver for you OS.

next navigate to the SBF folder and download moto-droid2.01stock.sbf

directions to use RSDLite

1] make sure usb device drivers are installed
    2] install rsdlite

*Please Instructions before using this App*
    RSDLite Instructions

good luck.
  5. blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    coming from cricket......yeah he should use the 2.01 sbf. i have had issues with both cricket and metro switching back to vzw using 2.1 & 2.2. the 2.01 the way to go. atleast from my personal experience.

he can upgrade to the latest version via OTA or manually.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  7. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up fixing it by taking it to verizon store and had the tech force the current flash/rom on the phone and its working on verizon now :) thanks for everyones help.
  8. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you please describe in some sort of detail as what or how he did it?

I only ask because I flash devices back to vzw 10 times so a month. Its possible to force an update as that comes from the google servers. The device itself has been reprogrammed for another network, even if he did flash the update/rom you would still be on cricket or metro as its just an OS. Alot of hacking takes place for a device to work on those networks. Its not that easy to get flashed back.

Did you lose all of your settings, was your phone back to 100% stock, any changes at all?

This would be very valuable information for all of us.......
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
  9. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rod im probably not gonna be much help. Im new to droid's. I spent alot of time researching on how to get it back to verizon. The phone was rooted when i took it to him.
  10. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oops.. wasnt done typing yet..

anyways... It was rooted and had the stock 2.1 rom on it. I couldnt figure out how to get the PRL changed so it would dial verizon.

I called the verizon store and explained all this to the tech and said i think i need the phone flashed back to stock settings. He said bring it over and he would try it. He took the phone and in about 20min. he brought it back out and it had the 2.2 rom, all stock, and he said he wasnt sure if it would work.

He powered the phone on and hit *228 and it dialed verizon....

Im assuming all he did was force the stock settings back on the phone and it changed everything back so it does work.

I got the idea off xda-developers where i had posted this problem and a member on there told me to take it to the verizon store and they could fix it. He had his fixed this way the day prior. Well... it did. I was able to activate the phone with verizon and the phone was completely stock as if it came new out of the box.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  11. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    If It took 20 minutes or so I bet you he did an SBF Like I was saying and Afterwards Flashed you to 2.2
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
  12. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah.. like i said, he didnt tell me exactly what he did. Id say your probably right.

The phone was completely stock, at that point i didnt care, it didnt cost me anything and i got the phone working so i could use it. Yeah it was at 2.2.

( ive already rooted and installed UD now though :rockon: )
  13. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    since ive rooted and installed UD am i able to install a diff kernal to overclock the phone ? I read that UD doesnt over clock the phone with its rom ..
  14. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    As I don't use ultimate droid I have no idea. But you should we able to use any kernel overclock. Since this is getting off topic now you to go post over in that section about overclocking.

Glad you got your device working.
Search tags for this page

can i switch from cricket to verizon?

can you flash a cricket phone back to verizon
how to change back verizon droid 2.2 from cricket to verizon
how to switch cricket phone back to verizon
switch cricket galaxy to verizon