credit card # stolen on market, BEWARE

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using Paypal and Goole Checkout since they hit the Net....never a blip....(knock on wood)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And there folks, lies the problem.

Evilsock most likely has (or had at the time) a compromised computer. I am almost certain of it.
I was wondering if the OP used his phone or his computer. I've had Google checkout for a couple of years. So I went on to delete all my real CC and added a $25 visa gift card. Interestingly, there is now a transaction for $1 on it. I hadn't seen this with a real card (that I was aware of). I was thinking that it was posting a dummy authorization to verify it was a valid card.

The other folks that have had fraudulent transactions-did you use your phone or your computer??

More inportantly, did these users input their cc info into the computer for their account? Even if the purchases were through the phone, its where the cc info that was inputted that matters.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
How do I delete or change which card Im using. I have a pre paid visa and I want to make that my method of payment.

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do I delete or change which card Im using. I have a pre paid visa and I want to make that my method of payment.
I went into my Google main account and selected Google checkout. There is an option to add/edit your method of payment. I deleted all my real cc's and added my giftcard as the default.

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
And there folks, lies the problem.

Evilsock most likely has (or had at the time) a compromised computer. I am almost certain of it.

youre so far from right. the netbook was bought same day as droid. think before you post.
unless Asus sells bugged nettbooks that is:r_c:
paypal,amazon,google checkout. all have been hacked and they are suposed to be secure. like EVERYONE has said in this thread. if someone wants your info bad enough they will get it, its not my comp, swype stealing my keystrokes, its a hacker wanting info.
dont be a tool and post posts like that

Last edited:
OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
as for all saying about the 1 dollar charges, they are to make sure u have cash in the acct, they should be removed after the 24 hour refund period is over and when the full charge for the app goes through. if they stick after that. id look into it

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as for all saying about the 1 dollar charges, they are to make sure u have cash in the acct, they should be removed after the 24 hour refund period is over and when the full charge for the app goes through. if they stick after that. id look into it
I'm going to have a look tomorrow and see if the $1 is still there or not....I don't have a Droid (yet-the next 7 days are going to kill me!) so I haven't bought anything from the market, so if anything is fishy, it's with Google Checkout...or something computer related.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I'm going to have a look tomorrow and see if the $1 is still there or not....I don't have a Droid (yet-the next 7 days are going to kill me!) so I haven't bought anything from the market, so if anything is fishy, it's with Google Checkout...or something computer related.

Same here. I'm going to check mine. I did have a $1 test charge showing yesterday. I'm going to check my statements and contact my bank and bottom line, just get a new check card to play it safe and not use it again with market.

This sucks. I hate this.

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
i feel bad after i start this thread, i was mad and ranting but the bottom line is.
this is just as safe as any other online transaction.
nothing is 100% safe and un-hackable
you should get the most out of your droid and download away.
check your statements, very closely. anyone who has a CC should anyway.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow sucks you guys are being victimized. I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood) in fact my credit card company flagged my account because it noticed I was buying apps in the market place. I was a little annoyed at first because I had to call them to get the flagged status off but now am glad they take the precautions. Good luck to you guys and always take extra precautions when buying from the net. Make sure to use a card with good protection on it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i feel bad after i start this thread, i was mad and ranting but the bottom line is.

Don't feel bad. You probably did what most of us would have done.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
i feel bad after i start this thread, i was mad and ranting ...

Don't feel bad, evilsock (altho it felt weird saying that to a guy with the name EVILsock-lool)...

This was a good thing to let us know about. I know I was hesitant at first to purchase through the market and wasn't completely secure with it but once I got started buying apps, I started going a little app-crazy. Fortunately most of my apps were free, but when I bought, I bought without any other concerns after a while. I think we should still be cautious in what we do and the information and ideas that came from this thread only helps us.

We may not all agree on this thread but it's still good to have and discuss. If nothing else, you helped ME.

Now I'm getting off my soapbox and back to my soaps. Watching Y&R. *grin*

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anything I think it at least made people be more aware of their CC accounts and maybe take extra precautions now to make sure they don't get victimized. Better safe than sorry.

Rocky

Reaction score
i got a wal mart visa just for droid since apps cannot be billed, have many apps with no probs, then i got one or 2 from UK, (still trying to find out wich one it is), then all of a sudden i notice 99 cents i didnt charge, once or twice, then all of a sudden 29.94, 30 bux, another 30 bux, gone from random places and websites in UK, this is no joke i will provide any help/proof needed, no slander of google or market here , people just need to be aware this happened, bc it mocked app prices for a month before i caught on , check your statements!!:icon_evil:
That sucks, man! Buying apps with a virtual credit card or similar sounds like a better idea.

Regards,
Rocky

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Lookin to get my first credit card, get offers all the time, but never actually got one. What credit card company provides the service where it generates a number for each transaction?