Credit Card Processing/Virtual Terminal

yogijen

Reaction score
Ok, this is partly a Droid question, and partly a general available service question.

I am a small business owner, and would like to use my Droid in place of everything (computer, phone, credit card terminal). Is there an app (or anything anywhere on the web, for that matter) that will allow me to process a credit card without having to sign up for a monthly service? Like Paypal, but where I can enter my client's CC info myself rather than invoicing them or having them log in to make a payment. I don't really want to sign up for a typical merchant account (and the accompanying fees) , as I will only be processing 2-3 a day, tops. I'm fine with paying the small processing percentage like Paypal does.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you might have for this newb!

firefoxumana

Reaction score
I Have this app call "mpayy;" All mPayy Personal and Business accounts may use the Android application to make and receive person-to-person payments, track activity, and withdraw funds from their mPayy accounts to linked bank accounts.

I have it install but i havent test it yet, you can download it from the market
chart

I hope it helps

Artis

Reaction score
I also want to do this (use droid for Credit Card Entry)

If anyone finds a solution, please post!

This would be both a fantastic hardware savings, and a convenience.

A software solution for my mac, or pc that is free would be a second, but welcome suggestion. I'm currently looking at having to buy a $500+ upgrade for my small business, which is a huge ripoff.

If anyone has a suggestion for a cheap hardware upgrade, that would be welcome as well. I still have the same box, an MAPP, that I have had since I started this biz, 12+ years ago, and am being told I need to upgrade, to be able to enter the security pin on back, blah blah.

Silly. I get maybe a couple of chargebacks a year at most.

Anyway, thank you in advance!
ABS Bumper Fillers Body Extensions Body Fillers Bumper Extensions Aftermarket Panels
ABS Bumper Fillers Body Extensions Body Fillers Bumper Extensions Aftermarket Panels
BADAZZBIKES.COM: Fairings & Bodywork for CBR 900rr Hayabusa GSXR 600 GSXR 750 GSXR 1000 and other sportbikes from Honda & Suzuki more coming soon.

cpt.dangerous

Reaction score
Hey boss i have intuit for the computer and they have a virtual terminal for phones didn't check to see what phones. I only pay 14.95 a month and accept any credit card except amex. also i have paypal that works very well too.

-Dangerous

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok, this is partly a Droid question, and partly a general available service question.

I am a small business owner, and would like to use my Droid in place of everything (computer, phone, credit card terminal). Is there an app (or anything anywhere on the web, for that matter) that will allow me to process a credit card without having to sign up for a monthly service? Like Paypal, but where I can enter my client's CC info myself rather than invoicing them or having them log in to make a payment. I don't really want to sign up for a typical merchant account (and the accompanying fees) , as I will only be processing 2-3 a day, tops. I'm fine with paying the small processing percentage like Paypal does.

Use the attached link to see all of the Credit Card processing APP's available on the Market. I haven't used any of these, but there are several that are rated well. Use Extreme CAUTION with any kind of financial application that is not developed by a major vendor.

There are scammers and thief's everywhere in the world these days, and there have been several that have been found with financial APP's on the market.

Process Credit Cards | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

Technoman

Reaction score

Use the attached link to see all of the Credit Card processing APP's available on the Market. I haven't used any of these, but there are several that are rated well. Use Extreme CAUTION with any kind of financial application that is not developed by a major vendor.

There are scammers and thief's everywhere in the world these days, and there have been several that have been found with financial APP's on the market.

Process Credit Cards | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

Oh, one more note... anyone looking into taking Credit Card payments needs to make sure that they are looking at Vendors that are either currently supporting or have in process support for PCI compliance. These new upcoming regulations will be enforced by (VISA and MASTERCARD) for all credit and debit transactions.

If you do not know what PCI is, google the term and read about it. There is a lot to this upcoming change to data security, and although you do not need to know all of it as an end user, you do need to have an idea what it is.

techservicesllc

Reaction score
Intuit has an excellent looking solution for you. It is intuit-gopayment.com and I am thinking that this could really work. First of all I am using Quickbooks Pro for my business financial and next is that do not require all the stuff most merchant services do. Month-to-month, free reader for droids as well as the ability to just key in the numbers. I will be calling them in the morning. Also the turn around on getting paid is about 2-3 days which is not to bad.