Creative way to get a Droid Incredible

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'm sure you've all heard by now that Android 2.1 cannot accommodate 32gb sd cards. If you haven't heard, here's a link explaining it: Droid Can’t Actually Handle Your 32GB SD Card | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

When I purchased my Droid, Verizon was advertising its ability to accommodate a 32gb sd card. Now that we know the advertisement was in fact false, it gives us a pretty good argument to use against Verizon. If you’re looking to get a Droid Incredible, why not go to Verizon, tell them you’re upset that you’re the victim of false advertising and demand a remedy. In other words, it can’t hurt to ask Verizon to make up for the false advertisement by allowing you to return your Droid for an early upgrade to the Incredible. You may have to negotiate the specifics but it's definitely worth a shot. I’m trying it. If it works, I'll let you guys know. If someone else tries it, please share your experience.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I highly doubt it will work. If you wanna give it a shot go ahead but considering its a software issue they probably wont do anything. And plus it is being addressed and 2.2 or 2.5 or whatever update comes next will probably fix it. It could work if you get the right person but with how the people in the stores are they will just say its software and will be fixed.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol nice try! But I had enough trouble getting my phone replaced for a legitimate issue (bad wifi) like heck I'm going through that again...ugh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shmoo

Reaction score
Huh I may have to give this a try. Wonder if it'll work

rlandon

Reaction score
Has anyone found a 32 gig card? During my last check I couldn't find one, although that has been a month or so ago.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've tried your "false advertisement" trick a couple times. it's 90% fail, especially with electronics. It's worked for small gadgets here and there, but overall, it's more headache than anything.

just my .02

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You can go to your local Verizon store and install StickEmUp on the display model Droid without anyone notice you and program it to start at 1:00 AM . The Droid will take the Incredible hostage and deliver it to your house .

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
.... FAIL... you forget that the Incredible comes WITH 2.1 so it will not handle 32G cards either (until after the update) but seeing as it is also advertises as capable of 32G cards it would be the same as giving you another Droid (or ANY phone with 2.1).

iPirate

Reaction score
Then when they say "prove it" and you don't have a 32gb memory card what then? Or if you do get one it works perfectly fine then?

Droid does accommodate the card, it cannot format it because of Google's 2.1 code.

Don't bother, why would you want to downgrade anyways?

Chilazr

Reaction score
You can go to your local Verizon store and install StickEmUp on the display model Droid without anyone notice you and program it to start at 1:00 AM . The Droid will take the Incredible hostage and deliver it to your house .

Lol. very nice.

I noticed the flaw in the initial argument also. If the Incredible runs 2.1, it can't support a 32GB card either....so where's the benefit? I agree that the faster processor is tempting, but I haven't seen a problem with my stock processor anyways. Besides I had enough problems with my HTC Imagio that I still don't really trust HTC again, yet.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: i hadn't heard this rumor. if i didn't do the ota update but am running UD v9.8 will THAT accommodate a 32GB card? i've been waiting and waiting for those cards to come out so i can put more music on my droid grrrr

iPirate

Reaction score
:shocked: i hadn't heard this rumor. if i didn't do the ota update but am running UD v9.8 will THAT accommodate a 32GB card? i've been waiting and waiting for those cards to come out so i can put more music on my droid grrrr
the problem is with formatting, most SD cards are pre-formatted or could be formatted in a computer :icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Then when they say "prove it" and you don't have a 32gb memory card what then? Or if you do get one it works perfectly fine then?

Droid does accommodate the card, it cannot format it because of Google's 2.1 code.

Don't bother, why would you want to downgrade anyways?

Ok the Incredible is far from a downgrade from the the Droid. just saying.

Second off if he were to buy an 32GB SD card it would be the same price as Buying the Incredible at new 2 year price.

smrivera80

Reaction score
What I want to know is this. All arguments about memory cards and false advertising :)dry:) aside, why can't people just be satisfied with what they have? The Moto Droid is an EXCELLENT phone, which is why we're all here. By all accounts, the Incredible is also an excellent phone...but it won't be immune to bugs and problems that we don't yet know about. The Incredible is not a downgrade from the Droid, but it's just barely an upgrade. Really. The differences in camera megapixels and size and whatever else are nominal. And even if you WERE able to get someone at Verizon to buy this false advertising argument (which is laughable, speaking as someone who used to be a Verizon employee), in a few months, there'll be something that we'll consider to be an upgrade to the Incredible. And then what will you do? Keep trolling the internet for shady and/or crazy ways to circumvent Verizon's upgrade policies? Brick the phone on purpose, and then blame HTC? You know the phone retails for about $530.00, right? And you want Verizon to just give it to you because you concocted a story about how you've been lied to via an advertising flier? If you want to be such a hotshot and have the newest phone anyone has ever seen, open your wallet and put your money where your mouth is.

Sorry, I'm just so sick of seeing stuff like this.

[/end rant]