1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Creating Restore Point

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by dtexpress, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dtexpress

dtexpress New Member

First, please save your noob comments, etc. I realize that I am new to this, hence me being here and posting my question(s).

I recently rooted my droid 1 using the following method:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I rely on my phone heavily, so I didn't want to risk bricking it while I was outside my new every two window. Now that I am eligible, I figured I'd give it a shot. I have already installed, and am loving the wireless tethering availability. I have some questions around super manager back up capability vs titanium (but I'll post that in another thread).

My question here is this:

Is there a way, free app or deliver process preferred, to create a custom restore point now that I am rooted and have bloatware removed? I looked in to ROM Manager, and it looks like I have to have an add on installed to create a restore point. When I go to the market, I only see installs for 2 and X and both are paid. Will either work for 1? Is there another option?

I have no interest in flashing any custom ROMs. I'm really not looking to do anything like overclocking. I just want to keep what I currently have.

Thanks.
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

A restore point on the D1 is a nandroid backup. I use clockworkmod recovery that doe's that very easily. I'm sure that RZ recovery and SPrecovery have a nandroid option as well.
    That is the closest way you can get to a restore point.
Search tags for this page

create restore point android

how to restore android phone to previous date
how to restore android to earlier date

how to restore android to previous date

how to restore my phone to a previous date

how to restore my phone to an earlier date

restore android phone to previous date

restore android to earlier date

restore android to previous date

restore my phone to an earlier date
restore phone to earlier date