Creating R2D2 Boot animation

Dregun

Reaction score
Hello,

I made my first ever boot animation "Simply Stunning" and I did that 3d animation with a robot. Now I have found a 3D model of....R2D2 that I have tweeked to make it more usable for animating.

So, anyone have any ideas on what type of animation I should have for a 3D model of R2D2 for a boot sequence? Please I don't want it overly complicated, just simple. Like maybe he comes from the distance and stops..turns his head 45° to the side and then projects a 3d "DROID" in the classic star wars yellow font.

Give me some ideas please :)

r2d2m.jpg

trook

Reaction score
What if he comes from a distance, looks around, then his head pops open on a hinge and the android head comes popping out. Yes? No? Ok no...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
D

Dregun

Reaction score
Yeah..I could probably do that. Just give me a couple of days.

OP
D

Dregun

Reaction score
Yes and no...

I'm not very good at modeling and I couldn't find a free andorid model on the net...so I had to make my own.

Although it was easier then I thought I'm not at all happy with what I have created. I have R2D2 zig zaging across the screen and then he stops at a 45° angle towads the screen. His top vibrates open and then the Android head pops up.

If this is what you guys want then I can post it. I tried having him jump out but I couldn't get the animation to look realistic enough and after 2 days of playing around with it I got frustrated and deleted all the animation frames.

leakim13

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind checking it out... I meam why not? Lol

Sent from the great north woods