Creating Icon Packs

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by MattyP, Dec 24, 2010.

1. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I recently discovered "Desktop Visualizer", and I have been playing around with making icons for my Droid 2. I've made some pretty decent icons, so I am considering creating and icon pack, maybe for Desktop Visualizer or even ADW Launcher.

I have several graphics design programs at my disposal, such as Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks and Flash, 3D Studio Max, and a couple others. Making the icons is the relatively easy part, but once I have them made, I would need to "package" them and prepare them for installation and use.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what is involved in such a venture? Thanks in advance! :)
  2. ballmore

ballmore Member

I'm not sure how to go about making your icons into an "icon pack" app either. I've been thinking about doing the same thing for mine. I decided a while back that since I can't figure that part out yet I would still post what I make for the community. There are a couple of ways that I go about this. First thing I did was I started learning about how to theme roms. That way I can add my icons to the theme. The second is to just fill up a zip folder with my icons and post them here in the forums. Just start a thread in the themeing section. I admit that I haven't done that last part yet but now that I'm thinking about it I believe that I will. Check the link in my thread if you want and you will find some icons and wallpapers that I made for The Breeze theme that is made for the Ultimate Droid Rom. Plus I would love to see what you have made so far.....

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
Search tags for this page
creating android icon packs in photoshop

creating icon packs for android

how to create flashable icons pack for android
how to make icon packs
how to start making android icon packs