Creating Icon Packs

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently discovered "Desktop Visualizer", and I have been playing around with making icons for my Droid 2. I've made some pretty decent icons, so I am considering creating and icon pack, maybe for Desktop Visualizer or even ADW Launcher.

I have several graphics design programs at my disposal, such as Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks and Flash, 3D Studio Max, and a couple others. Making the icons is the relatively easy part, but once I have them made, I would need to "package" them and prepare them for installation and use.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what is involved in such a venture? Thanks in advance! :)

ballmore

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to go about making your icons into an "icon pack" app either. I've been thinking about doing the same thing for mine. I decided a while back that since I can't figure that part out yet I would still post what I make for the community. There are a couple of ways that I go about this. First thing I did was I started learning about how to theme roms. That way I can add my icons to the theme. The second is to just fill up a zip folder with my icons and post them here in the forums. Just start a thread in the themeing section. I admit that I haven't done that last part yet but now that I'm thinking about it I believe that I will. Check the link in my thread if you want and you will find some icons and wallpapers that I made for The Breeze theme that is made for the Ultimate Droid Rom. Plus I would love to see what you have made so far.....

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid