1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Creating Custom SBF file

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tylorjefcoat, May 20, 2011.

1. tylorjefcoat

tylorjefcoat New Member

Ok, im am trying to re-compile a SMG file that i have unpacked with unyaffs.

this is what i am trying to do before everyone starts shouting that you can just use a update.zip

Where i work we are about to start reselling Verizon Wireless under a different name, we buy our phones from Verizon.

i am trying to "de-Verizon" the phone and put some of our own customizations on it ie: Carrier text, boot screen ect...

any way, i need to do this in the least intrusive way so that i can show the AE's how to do it before giving to customer, or can be done by some one else.

The RSD-lite method looks the best, i have already successfully changed the moto logo and go that working, but now i am trying to edit the Carrier Text "eri.xml" in the stock load WITH OUT rooting.

Once i unyaffs the file i can do what i need to do but what steps do i need to take to compile it back into a smg file?

does anyone have a better suggestions for what i am trying to do?

Thanks, this forum has been a GREAT help
Search tags for this page
depack smg file

extract sbf file

how to extract a sbf