Crazy question!!!!

jr313

Reaction score
I know this is a crazy question but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! ok so i am on 2.2 rooted running ChevyNo 1 S.S. v4.6...i have rom manager and clockwork as my recovery...what i am looking for is a copy of android 2.0.1 rooted already maybe a nandroid that i may use to go back to and mess around with, i tried using rom manager to download it but it gives me error when it starts to flash when in recovery and aborts...so my question is does anyone have a copy of 2.0.1 rooted already that they can let me have? Please any help appreciated! THANK YOU!

xliderider

Reaction score
Yep, ROM Manager did that to me as well when I was trying to go back to stock.

You will most likely have to go the RSD Lite/flash the sbf route to get to 2.01, unless someone is nice enough to post a nandroid or CW Mod backup for you to load.

xliderider

Reaction score
If you want to use RSD Lite and the sbf file to get to 2.01 (unrooted), then follow the guide and links in post #4 and 7 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/65648-questions-re-unrooting-ota-update-froyo.html

Then to root, you can go here:

How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | TheUnlockr

Before you do anything though, flash the alternate recovery in CW Mod (SP Recovery) and make a backup. Then you will have something to fall back on after you unlock 2.1 and get SP Recovery back.

OP
jr313

jr313

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply xliderider...i was hoping to avoid doing all that work though..lol..but i just may have to go through all of that to get what iwant...UNLESS someone is feeling nice enough to post a c.w. mod backup or nandroid back up of a 2.0.1 rooted backup....hehehe *hint* lol..