Crazy how bad things are internally at Comcast - 100 Employees speak out

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by dgstorm, Jul 29, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

After the huge debacle regarding that 18 minute long call to cancel Comcast service, a new story has emerged. Here's a mixture of 100 current and former employees dish on what it is like to work at Comcast: http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/28/5...a-sales-call?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Honestly doesn't surprise me. Everytime I've asked for help from them all they do is dodge technical issues so they can charge me to send a tech out.

The good thing is they're so caught up in selling deals that you can easily talk your way to more premium stuff for the same prices (though I'm sure the premium channel charges are inflated anyway).
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I know hate is a strong word but I am starting to feel that for Comcast, as a customer I hate their service with a passion. Unfortunately they are the only choice in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I have to call Comcast every 6 months to get a discounted bundle....sometimes I forget and my bill spikes like $50!
  5. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I don't use Comcast anymore because they aren't available in my area, but when I had them, I will admit I never had a problem with them directly. In fact, I got broadband for a promotional $29.99 for one year, and after a year, it goes to $49.99. It never increased, even after about 2.5 years. I never called them to change anything, and kept it til I moved.