[Crazy Deal] Get a 10" Toshiba Thrive for Just $200 Bucks at 1SaleADay.com Today Only

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thrive-for-200-deal.png

Today seems to be a great day for crazy deals. You can nab a 10-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet for just $199.99 plus $4.99 S&H. This great deal is only available for today only at 1SaleADay.com. Here's a recap of specs for those who might have missed them:
  • 1GHZ Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor
  • 16GB Storage
  • SD-expandable
  • 10.1-inch display running at 1,280 by 800 pixels
  • Bluetooth, HDMI and USB ports, GPS
  • Stereo speakers
  • Front- and rear-facing cameras
  • Ice Cream Sandwich just started rolling out for it
If you are intrigued, hit up the source link below to tempt yourself further. You have about 11 hours as of the time of this post.

Source: ThriveForums.org via http://1saleaday.com/

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Factory refurb. :happy3:

-Matt

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. Most of the 1SaleADay deals are, but that doesn't mean it is a bad product. In fact, in most instances, the retail models of hardware have gone through less rigorous testing than refurbished models. A refurb has typically had a new casing put on to get rid of any scratches or dings after its problem is repaired. Then it is hand tested in a more thorough way than the assembly line retail models. Just for folks who didn't know that. ;)

(Of course, this is for most products, but not necessarily all of them. It does depend on the company.)

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh, I buy stuff almost weekly from 1saleaday...e.g, Cuisinart toaster oven, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2 Logitech (refurb) webcams and a Netgear (refurb) dual-channel router...the list goes on...

But it's a pet peeve of mine when deal listings don't mention the condition of the item (or Droid forums plug an app, without mentioning the price). ;) Probably "genetic defect" would be a more honest description than "pet peeve".

Speaking of which: I noticed you had 2 typos a week or two ago. I was stunned. You're normally so meticulous -- thought it was a sign you were having a rough week. :blink:

And hey I didn't know about the new casing!!! For real??? That's awesome.

-Matt

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks again dgstorm for the heads up on another great deal. A few friends and family missed out on the Acer Icon tab a few weeks ago, so it was nice I could pass this info onto them.

Btw, the Acers I ordered from 1-sale a day, even though refurbished, were and have been excellent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, I buy stuff almost weekly from 1saleaday...e.g, Cuisinart toaster oven, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2 Logitech (refurb) webcams and a Netgear (refurb) dual-channel router...the list goes on...

But it's a pet peeve of mine when deal listings don't mention the condition of the item (or Droid forums plug an app, without mentioning the price). ;) Probably "genetic defect" would be a more honest description than "pet peeve".

Speaking of which: I noticed you had 2 typos a week or two ago. I was stunned. You're usually so careful -- thought it was a sign you were having a rough week. :blink:

And hey I didn't know about the new casing!!! For real??? That's awesome.

-Matt

Thanks Matt (about the typos). I take that as a compliment. If you ever see me leave a typo, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am human afterall, and yes, sometimes I get so slammed that stuff slips through the cracks. Constructive feedback is always appreciated! :)

And, as for the casing, yep. Most of the time, but not always, if an OEM is reselling a repaired or refurb device, they will either clean it up, (if it is only dirty), or they will completely replace the outside to make it look brand new.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks again dgstorm for the heads up on another great deal. A few friends and family missed out on the Acer Icon tab a few weeks ago, so it was nice I could pass this info onto them.

Btw, the Acers I ordered from 1-sale a day, even though refurbished, were and have been excellent.

You're quite welcome. I don't always catch the great deals, but I try and bring em to ya when I see them! ;)

jseah

Reaction score
You're quite welcome. I don't always catch the great deals, but I try and bring em to ya when I see them! ;)

I always check the 1 Sale A Day site on a daily basis. FWIW, their affiliate site, Ben's Outlet (the link is on the 1 Sale A Day site), has a daily deal, but they also have deals that stick around for a few days. And they always seems to have tablets on there. Granted, most of the tablets are the cheap Pandigital ones, but every once in a while they will have a Thrive or Acer Iconia available. For example, right now they have the Bionic lapdock for $90 and the Atrix lapdock for $60. These items will be available until they are sold out. The prices are typically about $10-20 higher than what the item typically goes for on 1 Sale A Day.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks, that is great and worthwhile info!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks Matt (about the typos). I take that as a compliment. If you ever see me leave a typo, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am human afterall, and yes, sometimes I get so slammed that stuff slips through the cracks. Constructive feedback is always appreciated! :)
WAIT?!?!? YOU'RE SERIOUS??? You WANT me to correct your (once EVERY million words) typos??? Wow, that's definitely a first for me -- being a grammar nazi makes me nobody's friend!

And how did I miss your promotion to EIC? That's AWESOME, congratulations!

Ack, sorry guys for going far off topic. Er...1SALEADAY ROCKS!!!! Refurbs are SAFE TO BUY and QUITE RELIABLE!!!

-Matt

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL. Technically I have been the EIC since January, but we only started posting the title a couple of months ago. Thanks for the congratz, though. Yes, actually being a "grammar/spelling nazi" will be much appreciated. I do so much now that I am more likely to slip up now and again.

Now then. I am done hijacking my own thread. Yes... 1SaleADay is pretty awesome! Carry on and stuff!