Crazy Deal Alert: 64GB Micro USB OTG $19

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If y'all get one and your phone doesn't have otg drivers built in a paid app called Nexus Media Importer has been my go to across multiple devices for years. On my Samsung devices they natively choose My Files for moving stuff but with NMI it allows me to choose my favorite file explorer app instead.
They've got a try before buy version to test device compatibility.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's an awesome application Mark, works great for my Nexus'.
Got the 3.0 - 64GB version.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The usb 3.0 is only just over $5 more for 64GB and Prime shipped. I just grabbed one of them
Amazon.com SanDisk Ultra 64GB USB 3.0 OTG Flash Drive With micro USB connector For Android Mobile Devices- SDDD2-064G-G46 Computers Accessories

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Me too! I already have two 32gb dual 3.0 flash drives. Think I might give those to my boys and stick with the 64. They are great for moving/having stuff between phone, tablet, laptop & pc. Use mine all the time.
What the!? I didn't have that kinda luck!
Me neither, but got it shipped for free. Good enough for me. But I do like PereDroid 's deal better.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't work for Moto X? BOOOOOOOO
I had a Moto X 2013 and it worked.
I was rooted though.

I think you have two options:
1. Try the app from Sandisk to access the USB drive
SanDisk Memory Zone - Android Apps on Google Play

2. Use ES File Explorer to access the USB drive without root.
(swipe in from the left hand side to access the side menu. Open the Local section and choose your USB flash drive)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
tedZilla99 might think it won't work with his Moto x because the Moto x is not listed in the "compatible devices" in the description for that flash drive. I think scandisk just overlooked the Moto X. The Moto X is otg capable. In addition, my dual (micro-2.0 usb) flash drives work on my son's not-yet-rooted 2014 Moto X. I think it should work fine out of the box.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

Batman8

Reaction score
This is a really sweet deal for a dual 64GB drive! I have 3 of the dual 32GB drives and they work well other than the flimsy cover that slides over the USB ends. However, it does absolutely NOTHING for the lack of sdcard in new devices like the Note 5!!! This flash drive will provide a great place to "backup" your files, but has nothing at all to do with file space or storing and running apps on the actual phone, for all that you will need internal space.

I have a Note 2 and a Note 3, but I passed on the Note 4 because it was still too similar to the N3 for me to dish out more than $700 last year (I must pay retail in order to keep unlimited data with VZN). So therefore, I have really been excited for and waiting on the Note 5, but will not even consider the damn thing if there is no sdcard slot!!!!!!! That would absolutely be a deal breaker for me since I play a lot of HD games with HUGE data folders and also store a lot of music and video on my current 128GB microSD, so I have to have a lot of space "inside" the phone.

...I guess I'll soon just start looking for a good deal on an old Note 4 and hope Samsung gets things together next year on their high end phones and hopefully won't screw up the Note 6.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is here! Man that thing is much smaller than I expected
67c038a2ed6fd383e8240c3f54b275ca.jpg

Plugged it into the phone after taking a photo of it, transferred the photo from the phone, and some other photos, and they took about 1/4 second each to move. Unplugged it and plugged it into the Note8 and again, about a 1/4 second to copy onto the tablet.
I will say you must hold the little side knob when inserting into the device as there was no lock when pushing the plug out on either end. It didn't feel like a firm contact either but kinda loose on both the Note4 and Note8. I even tried it on the G2 and same loose fit. I'm definitely going to need to attach a lanyard or something to it when I take it out and about or I'll lose it for sure. Not complaining, just stating realities of my usage. It's going to be a hoot to use for copying media from device to device.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Mine is supposed to arrive today also. It should be there by the time I get home tonight. I sort of like the idea that it is small because maybe I can attach it to my key ring. That might depend on how sturdy it is though.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to arrive today also. It should be there by the time I get home tonight. I sort of like the idea that it is small because maybe I can attach it to my key ring. That might depend on how sturdy it is though.

I read a couple of reviews on Amazon that the clip they hooked to their keyring broke but I don't know how long it lasted or how much abuse it took. I've already got a Bluetooth earpiece case hooked to my keys that has a sleeve inside that it fits nicely in.
After I lost my Icon and its carry case from pulling my keys out I found that little gem that attached to my keys, eliminating the lose my Bluetooth earpiece and case again .
ca1f9902cf4261146f0dda6edda85d85.jpg

dc5842628b8803b4d39238b34b413baa.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you @mountainbikermark! That is an excellent idea. I have a few different unused cases which would work perfectly. It is exactly what I'm going to do.