[Crazy Deal] Acer Iconia Tab A Series VanGough Edition 7" for Only $129.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
acer-deal-on-onesaleaday-aug-2012.png

There is another great deal to be had on an Android tablet today. This one was brought to our attention by forum member, rubiksc00p. You can grab an Acer Iconia Tab A Series 7-inch tab for just $129.99 over at 1SaleADay.com. The deal will only last another 8 or so hours (from the time of this post), so you may want to check it out now if you didn't get to take advantage of some of the previous bargains we shared. Just as a recap, here are the specs on this device:
  • 7.0" Active Matrix TFT color LCD display with integrated multi-touch screen and WXGA 1024 x 600 HD resolution
  • 5 Megapixel rear facing camera and 2 Megapixel front facing camera
  • 1GB RAM and 8GB flash memory, expanded via an integrated MicroSD/MicroSDHC card slot (32GB Max)
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR connectivity
  • Android Honeycomb operating system, powered by an nVidia Tegra 250 Dual-Core 1GHz mobile processor and stunning nVidia GeForce graphics
  • Micro HDMI Port & Micro USB 2.0 Port
  • 1530mAh two-cell lithium-ion polymer rechargeable internal battery provides up to 4.5-hours of cable-free battery life
  • WEEE Green Compliant with RoHS Certification
  • Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 7.7 x 4.6 x 0.5”
  • Weight: 14.46 oz
  • Color: Steel Blue
This seems like a great bargain for the price. Also, here's a link to a thread created by rubiksc00p where he lists some additional good deals he found: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...71-second-chance-tablet-sale.html#post2226922

Source: 1SaleADay.com

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not a bad price... but still a HC OS. They're obviously trying to beat the nexus7 bundle that's been rumored. :)

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just for the record: ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

-Matt

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Ordered... :biggrin: I'm fueling my Android addiction!
dancingnexus.gif
Even though I just won an iPad 3. (I was going to sell it, but the guy who bought them for the competition is an executive of Apple and has to know where the tablets are for a year if they ever ask, so I'm forced to use it. Terrible first world problems!) :p I figure I'll play with it for a while, then either sell it, or give it to some of my nieces and nephews. :)

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I'd returned my nexus for that only because of the expandable memory.

But its too late....

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason having a Tegra 3 device in this day and age is paramount, over saving a few bucks. I'd get the Nexus 7 over this, smooth buttery scrolling, HD screen, and Jelly Bean out da box. No competition.

acousticshade

Reaction score
akhenax said:
For some reason having a Tegra 3 device in this day and age is paramount, over saving a few bucks. I'd get the Nexus 7 over this, smooth buttery scrolling, HD screen, and Jelly Bean out da box. No competition.

Same here. Faster processor & guaranteed to get the next several versions of android mean that the n7 will still be very usable in a few years. Plus the battery on this seems small.