CRAZY Deal 2nd Gen Nexus 7 Only $98!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you thought yesterday's Groupon Deal for the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 was crazy you won't believe the crazy deal that Staples is offering right now! Several of you have already tweeted out your receipts. Staples is clearing their shelves and is offering the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 for $98 for the 16GB and the 32GB version for $128. The discount is applied at the register. Many folks are already reporting that their local Staples is already sold out so you will want to act fast! This has been confirmed on Slick deals. Once again this is only available in stores. You won't find the same deal online. Before you head to Staples you can check the inventory. Head to the inventory checker and use 32gbsku215185 for 32GB version or 16gbsku215186. Link to Inventory checker below.

Staples Inventory Checker

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Based on all of my searches, every Staples within 100 miles of me is sold out. Grrr!!! $128 for the 32GB version is a steal!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Based on all of my searches, every Staples within 100 miles of me is sold out. Grrr!!! $128 for the 32GB version is a steal!

There are five (5) of the 16GB variety available at 4 stores within a short driving distance from me, and one (1) 32GB at another store just less than 10 miles away. If anyone wants me to pick up one for them, hit me up on PM.

16GB;

2.51 miles
1 available

3.74 miles
2 available

5.55 miles
1 available

8.69 miles
1 available

32GB;

9.94 miles
1 available

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
It says the same for me, but when I look at their web page it says they have none in stock at this location. I am going to call tomorrow.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It says the same for me, but when I look at their web page it says they have none in stock at this location. I am going to call tomorrow.

OK, so if you get one great. I'll check tomorrow as well on my end, and if they're available I'll let everyone know. If yours aren't and mine are...I'll help you out.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
OK, so if you get one great. I'll check tomorrow as well on my end, and if they're available I'll let everyone know. If yours aren't and mine are...I'll help you out.

Sounds good to me. I loved my Nexus 7 2013.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've just checked all my local stores and they are broken returns either stuck in boot loop or just flat out broken.

so frustrating.

I did pick up a 32gb one that showed it was charging... going to charge it for a while and then test it out, if it doesn't work I'll return it.

good luck everyone

edit: plugged it in, charged it up for a while... turned on... someones email was setup reset the tablet to stock... and it's running fine... so far no problems, good luck everyone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wcjeep

Reaction score
My local stores seem to be out of stock. At this price I'm thinking spare.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a list, the nvidia shield tablet or the nexus 7 fhd.... got lucky.

thanks for this post

edit: it's a 16gb version in the 32gb box... some.... person returned their 16gb version

going to go check the other "broken" one out tomorrow, may just keep this one and collect the $30 difference.

Stupid people.

oh the internal ssn in android doesn't match the one in the box, I'm not ripping the back cover off to check as it's inside

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't ever ever call. Just go to the store and look for yourself. Sometimes if you call, the reps at the store will just buy the items themselves, because that coupled with their employee discount is a hellava deal.

So...just go and see.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Don't ever ever call. Just go to the store and look for yourself. Sometimes if you call, the reps at the store will just buy the items themselves, because that coupled with their employee discount is a hellava deal.

So...just go and see.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. My g/f works for Under Armour. I have about $1500 worth of UA clothing. She get's 50% discount and we try to keep all of our purchases to the clearance shelf. Still, I got a brand new coat that retails for $200. At the register I saved $50. At $149.95 with a 50%, I paid $70 for a $200 winter jacket.

So I totally understand what you are saying. She hides stuff she wants in the store all the time until her shift is over. It helps that she is part of the stocking crew. They show up at 4:00AM to stock and unload the daily truck.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you are saying. My g/f works for Under Armour. I have about $1500 worth of UA clothing. She get's 50% discount and we try to keep all of our purchases to the clearance shelf. Still, I got a brand new coat that retails for $200. At the register I saved $50. At $149.95 with a 50%, I paid $70 for a $200 winter jacket.

So I totally understand what you are saying. She hides stuff she wants in the store all the time until her shift is over. It helps that she is part of the stocking crew. They show up at 4:00AM to stock and unload the daily truck.

She should totally buy the entire stock of those coats and start an eBay business!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Against the rules sadly. If she ever got caught, it would be bad news. It is equivalent to stealing.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Against the rules sadly. If she ever got caught, it would be bad news. It is equivalent to stealing.

That stuff can be a bit sensitive. When the droid bionic was a big deal Verizon had the extended batteries on super sale like 50% off. Turns out they were selling for full retail on eBay. I went to every Verizon store locally plus drove out of town and bought all the batteries I could. I walked up to the register the first time with 12 batteries. They looked at me crazy and asked why I needed so many batteries. I told them I was going to sell them. They informed me that they would be fired if they tried to do the same.