Crazy Conspiracy Question about MIUI

meek_reese

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This may be nuts, but is there any possible way that MIUI could be that "complete UI overhaul" that gingerbread was supposed to bring to Android? Its just so completely different, in a good way of course, that it seems like it may be something official.

Also, and I know that anyone can change the system names and all that, but in about phone, it does say 3.0.1 or something, and the build name was GRG or something.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this, or if I should start lining my windows with foil....:)

Edit:

Darn, just noticed that on the newest build of MIUI, it does say Android 2.2. They've also removed the GRG name. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted....

fox_dye

Reaction score
It was just a little joke that Zen put in the build prop because the gingerbread sdk either came out or is about to.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......

OP
M

meek_reese

Reaction score
Ha, I figured I was reading too much into it.

Loving the new menus in the latest build from Team1-MIUI, even if they aren't "official."

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This may be nuts, but is there any possible way that MIUI could be that "complete UI overhaul" that gingerbread was supposed to bring to Android? Its just so completely different, in a good way of course, that it seems like it may be something official.

Also, and I know that anyone can change the system names and all that, but in about phone, it does say 3.0.1 or something, and the build name was GRG or something.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this, or if I should start lining my windows with foil....:)

Edit:

Darn, just noticed that on the newest build of MIUI, it does say Android 2.2. They've also removed the GRG name. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted....

Just to add, how would a random group of asians get ahold of it before anyone here in the US, especially since the sdk isn't out lol.

Ps, not trying to tall down asians or anything, just the only way I knew to describe them lol

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You realize most of the tech companies are in asia and already have gingerbread running on dev phones and tablets.

Google just releases the sdk. For app developers. They have already been working with partners on gingerbread.

Once the first couple gingerbread devices come out for consumers to buy. Then they drop it into aosp.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk