Crazy battery life

combatmedic870

Reaction score
So I got my S3 yesterday, Woot for me right? yep. Very nice phone.
So my phone didnt come with a battery, they replaced my nexus with it. so I bought 2 hyperion 2200 mah batterys
I did my usual charge, pull battery, charge, pull battery, charge pull battery....in order to get a full charge on the phone.

So, i went to you tube, i type in 5 hour long video, played it till it killed the battery(it played the whole video). Then the usual die, pull battery, turn on, untill the battery was fully depleted, plugged it in for 20 seconds, turned it on and took screen shots(which will be coming soon)
I got 5 hours 20 mins and 31 second of screen on time.....this isnt normal is it?? Thats some MONSTEROUS screen time!

This is with full brightness and full volume!!

If this IS normal....well sorry for the waste of a post. im used to getting 2 1/2 hours of screen time and 5 3/4 hours with an extended battery.

Any who....cool stuff....DancingNexus

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not normal for me. However I will say this before you get your hopes up.....my S3 battery life was AMAZING when I first got it. Probably 2 1/2 hours screen time/day but I was charging it every two days. Then after about a week it dropped tremendously and is now at about 2-3ish hours of screen time, depending on what I was using. So while that's still pretty damn good, if I saw 5 hours in GSAM I'd probably look for pigs in the sky...

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
View attachment 60264View attachment 60265

Screen shots

This was with 100% screen brightness.... I almost dont want to believe...but i have to since i watch it do its things...if it stays like this i will never worry about my battery ever again. im never on my phone long enough to get 5 hours screen on time in a day.

also im under volted and over clocked(1900mhz) with crystal clear 4x anti aliasing going as well....(screen looks great btw).

Last edited:
OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Yep...with "normal" use i got 3:12 mins of screen time. Im guessing its is just very efficient at playing long movies or something. Or it could be that turning the screen on and off kills the battery. I remember someone telling me that you could keep the tv on for a half hour and it wouldnt use as much energy as just turning it on

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I also am getting awesome battery life compared to ics. On med/heavy use I can go through the day and at the end of the night before I go to bed I'll be at 20-30% left. Loving the battery life on my s3. I can't wait til Samsung releases the 3000mah battery. I might think about buying it but still don't know cause then I would be losing my DBA case. :-(

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I also am getting awesome battery life compared to ics. On med/heavy use I can go through the day and at the end of the night before I go to bed I'll be at 20-30% left. Loving the battery life on my s3. I can't wait til Samsung releases the 3000mah battery. I might think about buying it but still don't know cause then I would be losing my DBA case. :-(

Im definitely seeing some good battery life. I will be for sure getting the 3000 when it comes out. I have a tpu case, so i will just go backless(but with the tpu case) and allow it to bulge a little. Not having to worry about battery life for a whole day is a thing of beauty.

It will be released in a week or 2.

Last edited: