crappy battery after OTA

Jenaht

Reaction score
I just wanted to update after earlier posts I made. I had posted after I initially did the reset but wanted to have decent amount of time to test.

Happy to report very long battery life now. I highly recommend Juice Defender Plus, Juice Plotter, and Auto killer memory optimizer as well. Noticed plotter telling me I had 23 hours battery left this morning. (of course usage changed this!)

The phone is smooth. Things are good. Thanks for tips.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

jer39

Reaction score
With juice defender plus, do you need to keep it open for it to work or is it always running in the background, even when it's not open?

Jenaht

Reaction score
With juice defender plus, do you need to keep it open for it to work or is it always running in the background, even when it's not open?

It does run in the background but I don't ever see it show up report (what's using your battery from menu/settings/about phone).

I also use watchdog lite to check for misbehaving apps in tends of cpu usage.

Remember it isn't a task killer. It turns off data/wifi when not in use and opens up when you want or schedule (through advance mode) it to. Some people like it, some don't. I do!

jer39

Reaction score
Jenaht,

I just wanted to thank you for your step-by-step advice on how to do the factory reset and your suggestion about Juice Defender. Not sure whether it's one, the other or the combination of these two suggestions but I definitely enjoyed a longer, healthier battery today than I have since receiving three 2.2 update. Despite heavy usage including a couple hours of streaming radio, rhapsody music, web surfing, texting, emails gchat and a few phone calls, I was able to go from about 7:30am till after 9:00pm without any recharging...about as good as I can ask for.

Now if I can only figure out how to get my streaming to actually stream!

Jenaht

Reaction score
That is awesome! I know that I couldn't have done it without help from these forums, so glad to pay it forward!

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I too have terrible battery life after 2.2, sad to say. Just prior to getting the update, I had just done a hard reset (volume up & power button). After the update, I notice having poor battery performance and performed a factory reset. Still bad battery performance. Currently the Battery Use says 81% is the display. Earlier today 36% was the Android OS and some other Android system was 20% our more and the display was 50%. I tried the *228 and battery removal as well. I was at work and had minimal usage. Battery was down to 30% in less than 6 hours. Wifi etc off. I am going too do another factory reset and cross my fingers.

Jenaht

Reaction score
You may also try steps to recalibrate. Let the battery die (press the power button for about a minute) then charge to full while powered off. After fully charged, press power button again for few seconds, then plug charger back in. Probably will take additional charge. When done turn the phone back on.
I think those are the steps I took based upon reading I did. That along with the reset seemed to do the trick.
Good luck

CC268

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty bad I've never experienced battery that bad...hmm

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, I did done nothing different in my setup of the phone. downloaded the same apps. I have never changed the display setting off automatic & on power saving mode; I even turn off auto syncing. I pulled the battery last night...and did the *228. Charged to 100 %. I have just used it for less than 10 minutes and I am at 92% charge. Usage says my display is using 85%. Later on today I will do another factory reset.

Jenaht

Reaction score
From what I've read and experienced on my own, the display does always use the higher percentage. We turn the screen on to look at everything we do.

If you think the battery needs recalibration, try that out. I've posted steps around and there are links as well to do it. I think out helped me as well as the reset.
Good luck

Also make sure you are turning off your data if you don't use it. I highly recommend zip juice defender as a battery saving app.

Last edited:
M

Mwsr

My battery life us about the same after update except I have the extended battery from Verizon so its even worse

Jenaht

Reaction score
HAVE you performed any tips posted in the forum

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Lol - Jenaht has 'adopted' the crappy battery thread!

Keep up the good work! :)

Jenaht

Reaction score
Lol - Jenaht has 'adopted' the crappy battery thread!

Keep up the good work! :)

Ha. Just trying to help out since the info and help I received was so great.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I was just trying to add to the thread that I too had the horrible battery life after the update. My prior setup before the update had not change. It is just curious how the update would cause such a significant change. I have always kept my power saving techniques in use both before the update and after. Have to go now. Less that 3/4 of a day minimum usage and I am flashing the red battery!