crap i dropped my phone and broke it

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Its $90 deductible on Bionic.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

shankomatic

Reaction score
Luckily most places will ask to see the device to be insured before issuing insurance to prevent this sort of asshattery. People that try to do things like this are the reason all our premiums and deductibles are higher.

Just a couple of notes. There was not an option on my phone to add insurance online. I had to visit the local store to add insurance. The rep never asked to see my phone for adding the coverage. My phone is still pristine and fully operational state, so it didn't mater anyways.

Droids

Reaction score
2 years ago when I bought the OG Droid, I dropped it in the parking lot just 2 weeks after getting it. Cracked the screen across the lower corner, put some scratches in the glass and bezel. I was bummed. Later that day I added insurance, with the full intention of waiting a few weeks or months to first see if I was going to drop it again, then file an insurance claim. I knew it wasn't right but I knew I was going to keep insurance on my account forever forward after that. (was trying to justify it)

I never did file a claim, my screen worked fine, I got over it, I didn't want to pay the $90 deductible, and I didn't want to go through refurb hell. Still carrying that insurance with the Bionic and hopefully will never need to use it.

Another option besides paying retail to replace a non-insured phone is to have a third-party shop do it or buy the parts and do it yourself.
Motorola Replacement Parts - Screen, Battery Replacementsand
Full-Service iPhone & Droid Repair & More. Seattle & Nationwide - Jet City Device Repair
They don't have Bionic parts yet but they will in time.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

TyrantII

Reaction score
2 years ago when I bought the OG Droid, I dropped it in the parking lot just 2 weeks after getting it. Cracked the screen across the lower corner, put some scratches in the glass and bezel. I was bummed. Later that day I added insurance, with the full intention of waiting a few weeks or months to first see if I was going to drop it again, then file an insurance claim. I knew it wasn't right but I knew I was going to keep insurance on my account forever forward after that. (was trying to justify it) I never did file a claim, my screen worked fine, I got over it, I didn't want to pay the $90 deductible, and I didn't want to go through refurb hell. Still carrying that insurance with the Bionic and hopefully will never need to use it. Another option besides paying retail to replace a non-insured phone is to have a third-party shop do it or buy the parts and do it yourself. Motorola Replacement Parts - Screen, Battery Replacementsand Full-Service iPhone & Droid Repair & More. Seattle & Nationwide - Jet City Device Repair They don't have Bionic parts yet but they will in time.
2 years at $12/yr is $288. $348 or $378 after the deductible if you finally use their "service". Unless you're the type to go through 4 band new tech smartphones over the course of 2 years, you can see why it's a total ripoff through Asurion. After 2 1/2 years you've practically paid for a two smartphones, to insure one.

Yup. If all it is cracked glass/digitizer it's a relatively simple fix for a steady hand. $50-$100 depending on cost of the parts and labor at the shop. Much better than insurance IMO.

Last edited:

Krennel

Reaction score
That's why I always insure through homeowners or Visa. Hell, even Best Buys plan things are way better than Asurion.

Sent from Red 5 using the Force.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
2 years at $12/yr is $288. $348 or $378 after the deductible if you finally use their "service". Unless you're the type to go through 4 band new tech smartphones over the course of 2 years, you can see why it's a total ripoff through Asurion. After 2 1/2 years you've practically paid for a two smartphones, to insure one.

Yup. If all it is cracked glass/digitizer it's a relatively simple fix for a steady hand. $50-$100 depending on cost of the parts and labor at the shop. Much better than insurance IMO.

Good point on the cost of insurace.. Best Buy offers it for $10 per month with no deductable and that's starting to sound better!

bermudagem

Reaction score
If you have insurance. I paid the extra $2 on top of my reg insurance, & it covers if it gets wet, you drop it. Anything that happens to the phone. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

getty1582

Reaction score
Send it to someone who has insurance and let them trade it in for ya lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums