craigslist posting and uploading pics

BoDangle

Reaction score
I posted a ad on craigslist via my droidX and it wouldn't let me add pics to my listing. Is this possible, if not then why?

listenman20

Reaction score
probably not b/c you're on a mobile browser and the browser doesn't have a file browser built in. there is a craigsphone(craigslist) app in the market that suggests it has the ability to do what you want.

Phydeaux

Reaction score
Try downloading Dolphin HD. It might do this. So far, Dolphin HD seems to basically 'do everything'.

HamDog

Reaction score
I just tried with my stock browser and it worked fine. Don't know why you're having troubles. Do you get any error messages? Do you get to the part where you can upload pics? Where exactly do you get stuck?

I tried the "for sale" section of Craigslist. Where are you trying to post?

On another note, I hadn't visited CL for some time. I just went there and saw they have "censored" the erotic section! A news check shows CL is now censuring the adult section in the U.S. as of last night. I presume that's not where you were trying to post! :icon_eek:

OP
B

BoDangle

Reaction score
I posted my daughters old bicycle on there and it didn't have the option to upload pics anywhere. Just a box with a red x through it that didn't do anything when I pressed it...

In the box it says uploads disabled..

the craigslist apps in the market don't mention the ability to upload pics. That was the first thing I tried.

dolphin looks kinda cool will research a little more!

Last edited:

backthebadge

Reaction score
Droid X and Craigslist Picture Uploads explaination.

Well after waiting about four weeks waiting for my Droid X like most of you. I found out that the phone that does really does not do all. Now don't get me wrong its a great phone and i love everything about it but the deal breaker for me was i could not post pictures on craigslist! And im always on craigslist...Soooo after i couldnt figure the problem out i called 611 and talked to verizons tech support for 20 mins trying to fix this with no luck. He really tried to get me an answer. Then he gave me motorola phone number and i talked to their tech support for 15 mins with no luck as well. Then they told me it must be on craigslist end with their website. I didn't find a number instead i had to send them an email about two weeks ago and i never got a reply back from! I tried one last time and took my phone to a verizon store which they also played with the phone and said its on craigslist side AND that its All the androids and droids that have the same problem. So after all that i thought i should go on market apps and download craigsphone. A very cool app but still same problem. Then i downloaded the dolphin hd app again a great app very cool wish i would of known a long time ago but still same problem. So... as i type on my droid x right now i hate to trade it in but i can still do everything that i want on the storm 2 because the Blackberry and the other phones don't have this problem. I use to have a storm 1 and 2 is so much faster. About the same as the droid. Just no hd camera/vid or the hdmi cable that i can deal with. No im not just going to use my computer cause it faster on my phone and that just defeats the purpose of a smart phone. I hope this helps out some of your frustrations out there. Cause for me im trading it in.

Last edited:

listenman20

Reaction score
i understand your frustration and why you're trading it in. what i don't understand is why you couldn't but the other guy could. i wonder if yuo needed to have dolphin set for desktop viewing or whatever?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Is it possible to upload the pic to your Facebook or Google Picasa then upload to Craiglist? I'm not a huge Craigslist person. Just thinking aloud.

HamDog

Reaction score
I'm using the original Droid 1. I just tried again and had no problems with the stock browser (which I prefer due to it's speed).

I went to CL and went into "For Sale" and "Bicycle" section. I clicked on "Post" on the upper right hand side. Then it takes me to a page where I log into my account. From there, I pick where I want to post (e.g. Bicycle). A new page opens, just like the one on my computer, where I can post. Below, there are 4 boxes where I can choose a file to upload pics. I click on upload and I get a box asking me where from (e.g. astro, gallery, etc.). I choose gallery. Then it shows me my pics in my gallery and I just click on it. That's it.

Maybe the DroidX is different. I love CL - even with it's "erotic services" censored out (although as of tonight, I don't even see the word censored, it's completely gone). I guess they finally gave in to the "man". A shame.

backthebadge

Reaction score
Soooo here's some new Info..

I posted a ad on craigslist via my droidX and it wouldn't let me add pics to my listing. Is this possible, if not then why?
\
About Ten days ago i wrote about me wanting to trade in my Droid X for not being able to post pictures on craigslist because i called tech support at verizon, motorola, and craigslist. Then verizon at the store said all the Droids/Androids cant post but that is not true. As i took my phone in to trade another employee said Verizon is coming out with a software update for the droids/androids that dont have the flash 2.2. Now our phones that have this picture problem have the flash 1.1 . So right now Some can and some cant post pics. The ones that CAN already have the Flash 2.2 software on the phone that allows this type of function. I was also told that the update should come around the end of this month or beginning of next and should atomatically pop up on your phone then you press download. From what i was told. So im glad that i get to keep my Droid X. Hope this helps.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Wow..... easy solution folks.....

Get the Dolphin Browser....

Go to the menu and set it up so that craigslist's server views you as being on a desktop. Follow me.

Open up the dolphin browser and do the following

menu>more>settings>user agent>select desktop

EASYdancedroid

backthebadge

Reaction score
No go.......

Wow..... easy solution folks.....

Get the Dolphin Browser....

Go to the menu and set it up so that craigslist's server views you as being on a desktop. Follow me.

Open up the dolphin browser and do the following

menu>more>settings>user agent>select desktop

EASYdancedroid

I just did that on my droid x and it didnt work. I wish it did.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Can't say for sure on Droid X, but the Droid One had the "uploads disabled" issue on the stock browser up until FroYo. As I recall, Dolphin HD allowed it before FroYo.

So, maybe it's "Droid does, Droid X doesn't"..?