cradles

LouD

Reaction score
Do any of the cradles allow for a permanent mini-stereo plug connection, e.g. I don't have to plug anything in to the jack on the side, and instead everthing comes out the USB charger/connector? In other words, just drop in the droid and I'm in multimedia mode and connected to my amp and speakers?

Thanks in advance.

cuskit

Reaction score
Do any of the cradles allow for a permanent mini-stereo plug connection, e.g. I don't have to plug anything in to the jack on the side, and instead everthing comes out the USB charger/connector? In other words, just drop in the droid and I'm in multimedia mode and connected to my amp and speakers?

Thanks in advance.
Nope! The MicroUSB connector on the Droid does NOT allow for audio. Too bad. It would have been sweet! :) mike

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, Cuskit is correct. I'm not even sure how it could be engineered since the audio output comes from the 3.5 mm female plug on the top and the power input is the micro usb on the side (or side and bottom respectively when docked.) It would be interesting to see how you could connect the two simultaneously.

To get power to my speakers (that use the old stereo input plugs) I simply dock the droid in either my MiKradle or the VZW dock (for my wife's naked Droid) and then plug in a 3.5mm to stereo cable to the top of the droid.

jeffm1000

Reaction score
I was hoping for the same thing, too bad. How about the possibility of an FM transmitter in a future upgrade?

ezeStand

Reaction score
I was hoping for the same thing, too bad. How about the possibility of an FM transmitter in a future upgrade?
I haven't seen any stereo dock type products available yet for the Motorola Droid, but I would expect to see something soon with Bluetooth functionality to allow a wireless stereo connection to the Droid.
Thanks,

cuskit

Reaction score
I've been looking for that - similar to what you can do in a car with the iPods - turning your radio to an empty FM station to hear the songs.

Perhaps this is already possible but I'm just not aware of it - after all this forum is so huge it's difficult to catch everything! ;)

If anyone knows of this possibility - please post here if you are reading this thread...

Like jsh1120, I connect both my Bose speakers at home as well as my office Altec Lansing speakers via the 3.5 audio jack on the side of the phone. It works well, but I'd much sooner prefer a "cleaner" look without the clutter of additional cables. Like all those available for the iPod. Bluetooth is a viable option, but that still wouldn't be the simple "drop in connection" like the OP inquired about. I'm really surprised Motorola dropped the ball on this one. mike

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this would help. The FM transmitter would have to plug into the headphone jack. A2DP seems like the best alternative.

OP
L

LouD

Reaction score
anyone tried something like this. Bluetooth receiver with mini stereo jack out. I'm a little fussy about sound quality, but seems like it would work.

Last edited: