Cradled

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had some Amazon credit, so bought this cradle and a Motorola battery. Cool so far. Whoever commented about the bright blue light on these things was not kidding! You don't even need a nightlight. :)

JimmyD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That's the first time I've ever seen that cradle!

Do you think that cradle would accept a Droid with a snap on case installed, or is it only meant for "naked" Droids?

It doesn't look like it would accommodate a "cased" Droid.

OP
LassieGal

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mike's right; it only takes "unclothed" Droids. Husband uses the case with the belt clip, so it wouldn't fit. In the meantime I put together a quick and inexpensive "dock" for his unit: I picked up one of those clear plastic business card holders at Office Max, which is about 2 inches high and 5 inches long, sturdy, not flimsy, and used some tape to fasten the charge cord to the side (it was always on the floor). I'm using another one to hold up my Droid on my desk at work while I play Pandora or DroidLive.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Mike's right; it only takes "unclothed" Droids. Husband uses the case with the belt clip, so it wouldn't fit. In the meantime I put together a quick and inexpensive "dock" for his unit: I picked up one of those clear plastic business card holders at Office Max, which is about 2 inches high and 5 inches long, sturdy, not flimsy, and used some tape to fasten the charge cord to the side (it was always on the floor). I'm using another one to hold up my Droid on my desk at work while I play Pandora or DroidLive.

:D That's what I did at work! I used an extra clear plastic business card holder on my desk. However, it's all jacked up now. :blush: I dropped it on the floor, and in my attempt to retrieve it, I ran over it with my big office chair as I pushed the chair back while sitting in it! :eek:

JimmyD

Reaction score
It doesn't look like it would accommodate a "cased" Droid.

Nope, you have a few choices for that though...

MIKRADLE - mikradle, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!
ezeStand - www.ezestand.com
Want a dock and a protective case? (A855 Stand)

-Mike

Mike, thanks for the info. I'm well aware of the MIKRADLE and the EZESTAND. Both are really nice; but honestly, when I look at those stands, it just stirs up the "crafty" side of my personality, and inspires me to make my own similar stand in my workshop in my basement! :)
I will likely do that one of these weekends... make a wooden stand in a fashion similar to BOTH of those stands for my personal use next to my bed. I want to stain it to match our bedroom furniture. :)

HOWEVER... I was totally unaware of the third stand you linked me to! ( http://sites.google.com/site/a855standWant a dock and a protective case? (A855 Stand))

VERY SLEEK!!! Thanks for that info! :) The case on that Droid in their pics is similar to the black leather Verizon snap on case I have!

I will seriously consider buying that case for my desk at work. :) >>>> EDIT :icon_eek: Yikes... $35 for that one though. hmmmm pricey :(

Last edited:

MJ5150

Reaction score
VERY SLEEK!!! :icon_eek: Thanks for that info! :) The case on that Droid in their pics is similar to the black leather Verizon snap on case I have!

I will seriously consider buying that case for my desk at work. :)

I love it too. I bought three....one next to my bed, one in my office, and one I sent to my cousin.

There used to be a long thread here about them, but it was deleted since the guy who makes them is not a supporting vendor here. He is a member of DF.net though. I can tell you the stand is every bit as impressive in person. Handmade with a really cool matte finish on it. Sturdy as well, with soft rubber feet.

-Mike