Crackling while on a call, anyone else?

YosM45

Reaction score
I'm juat trying to get a consensus.

When I'm on a call, and both of us are speaking at the same time, like when you accidentally cut some one off, I get massive popping and crackling.

Sometimes if there is a ton of back ground noise, the phone thinks I'm talking while the other person is talking and the crackling begins.

This is my third one like this. Verizon makes a test call, hears the crackle and gives me a new one, but I don't think every single one is bad.

There's gotta be something else going on.

Does anyone else get this crackle?

Did anyone else have it and get resolved?

Thx in advance!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No crackling.

what you can do is update your roaming capabilities and dial *228 and option #2.

OP
Y

YosM45

Reaction score
The phone came fresh, and it was doing it before I installed any apps.

I've tried the *228, 2 and nothing.

I can try hard resetting it, but Verizon did this on the last one, and it didn't change it.

I just can't believe that I'm the only person experiencing this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be much help but if you find the thread with the Verizon dude on it he has a series of numbers you punch into your Droid that's suppose to clean everything up. I did it with my phone but I never have had a problem.

OP
Y

YosM45

Reaction score
Update

I took the phone into Verizon, and I had them make a test call.

First I called my wife from my phone, she would speak while they tried to speak on their end (my phone), and they heard the crackling.

Then they called my phone from another techs DROID, and we both tried to speak, and both phones crackled.

They also took two of the sale peoples DROIDS and they both called each other, and both phones did it. They did this with the pones on the display stand as well.

So basically, every DROID in the store crackled. So I am pretty sure they this is common with more DROIDS than anyone here wants to admit.

The techs submitted a a Q&A patch request to MOTOROLA. He said that they would get my an update in a week.

I STRONGLY suggest that other members on here attempt to replicate the problem, so that we can get MOTOROLA more motivated.

If you want to replicate it, call someone else from your DROID, then have that person speak without stopping. The easiest way I accomplish this is by having the other person read off a page in a book or magazine. While they're talking, you attempt to speak on your end. It should crackle and break up.

If anyone else on can try this and tell me, I'd appreciate it.

It would seem odd that 8 DROIDS in this Verizon store had the same problem, and no one else in the country has it.

Thanks in advance!

arthur01

Reaction score
does the "Voice Privacy" feature under Call Settings have anything to do with this maybe?

OP
Y

YosM45

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. It does the same thing with it on or off.

Does yours do it?