Crackle movies & tv android app is now in the android market

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The multimedia situation on Android has been rapidly improving over the last few months, with the introductions of Netflix’s official application and Google’s own Movie service. Today, it is set to get better still: Crackle, a free movie- and TV-watching app formerly exclusive to iOS, has made its way to the Android Market.
You’ll need an Android 2.2+ device with Flash installed, but if your handset meets the requirements, you’ll be able to stream as many feature-length films and TV shows as you like, provided, of course, that they’re in Crackle’s catalog. The app itself is slick and simplistic, and better yet, it offers HQ streaming over both 3G and WiFi (and presumably 4G as well).
Again, both the app and the service will cost you no more than $0, and with a file size of just 1.3MB, I don’t see any reason not to try it out.
Crackle - Movies and TV​

Crackle - Movies & TV NEW

by Crackle
<50 downloads, 15 ratings (4.9 avg)

Free

Install

Description

Watch full-length Hollywood movies & TV shows on your phone. Free and on demand.Watch FREE movies on your Android phone.
BAD BOYS. GRIDIRON GANG. GHOSTBUSTERS. JOE DIRT. THE PATRIOT and hundreds more: full-length, uncut and FREE. Plus, top rated TV series like SEINFELD.
~With over two million downloads on iTunes in less than a month, Crackle is now available for free on Android phones~
* Watch full-length Hollywood movies and TV series
* FREE to download app, FREE to watch
* Unlimited, on demand viewing
* 20 new movies and TV episodes added monthly
* Genres including: action, comedy, crime, horror, thriller and sci-fi
* Browse Movies, TV, Originals, Collections and Genres - or search by keyword
* Build and manage your queue for viewing on the app or online at Crackle.com.
* Stream HQ video via 3G or Wi-Fi
* App only works in US, Canada, UK and Australia
* Android 2.2+ with Flash 10.1+ required, supported phone list below. (Tablet version coming soon)
CURRENT MOVIES AND TV*:
MOVIES
Hundreds of movies including: BAD BOYS, GRIDIRON GANG, GHOSTBUSTERS, JOE DIRT, THE PATRIOT, QUARANTINE, REC, SO I MARRIED AN AXE MURDERER, THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES, EIGHT MILLIMETER and more
TV
Thousands of full-length episodes; series include: SEINFELD, SPIDER-MAN, SAMURAI X, MARRIED… WITH CHILDREN, THE THREE STOOGES and more
**************************FAQ********************* *****
* To use this app, you must be in US, Canada, United Kingdom or Australia. Available movies and TV series vary by territory.
* Yes, the app is free. To cover our costs we include some short video ads. Data charges may apply (unlimited data plan recommended.)
* Currently, Crackle is supported on the following phones:
• Acer Liquid Metal
• Acer Stream
• Dell Venue
• HTC Desire S
• HTC Desire Z
• HTC EVO 4G
• HTC Inspire 4G
• HTC Nexus One
• HTC Thunderbolt 4G (Verizon)
• HTC T-Mobile G2 Touch
• HTC T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide
• LG Optimus 2X
• Motorola Atrix
• Motorola Cliq
• Motorola Droid
• Motorola DROID PRO
• Motorola DROID X
• Motorola DROID 2 Global
• Motorola Milestone 2
• Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 3G+
• Samsung Galaxy S II
• Samsung Nexus S
• Samsung SHW-M110S
• Sony Ericsson Experia Arc
• Sony Ericsson Experia PLAY
• Sony Ericsson MT15iv
ABOUT CRACKLE
Crackle is one of the fastest growing digital entertainment networks, offering quality movies and TV series from Columbia Pictures, Tri-Star, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Classics and more. Crackle is available via web, mobile, gaming systems and set-top boxes. For more information, visit www.crackle.com. Crackle is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
* Movies and TV series updated monthly; titles subject to change. Current content list is available on the app or at www.crackle.com

[video=youtube;91WYvYzedyE]http://youtu.be/91WYvYzedyE"]YouTube - Crackle on Android and iPhone[/video]

Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Network communicationfull Internet access
    Allows an application to create network sockets.
  • Phone callsread phone state and identity
    Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storagemodify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.
  • System toolsprevent device from sleeping
    Allows an application to prevent the device from going to sleep.

Show all

• Hardware controlscontrol vibrator
    Allows the application to control the vibrator.
  • Network communicationview network state
    Allows an application to view the state of all networks.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
User Reviews

Write a Review >

Great job guys. . . This is a HUGE improvement over the last version. ...

by NCStatePACKman– June 17, 2011
Great job guys. . . This is a HUGE improvement over the last version. It's much faster, too!

Very clunky... does not provide features of website...

by Orrie– June 17, 2011

I can't believe how much awesome stuff there is to watch for free! HTC ...

by Ethan– June 17, 2011
I can't believe how much awesome stuff there is to watch for free! HTC Incredible.

Great concept! Who doesn't like to watch free movies & TV?

by Kigh– June 17, 2011

cool stuff!

by Surya Dub– June 17, 2011
wow there's tons of stuff in many categories and all for free! pretty solid and clean app too!

Looks and works great on the DROID Pro! Great initial slate of free content. ...

by Christopher– June 17, 2011
Looks and works great on the DROID Pro! Great initial slate of free content. More anime please!

Finally on my Droid 2! Great app!

by ma1inka– June 17, 2011

Must have app. BRILLIANT!

by June Marie– June 17, 2011

The forced portrait mode is tough when docked...

by Bryan– June 17, 2011

Enjoy all the great free movies and TV shows

by Crackle– June 17, 2011

M

Mwsr

I searched for this on the market but it doesn't come up?

midweststreetryders.com

sandfreak

Reaction score
came up for me in the market.

tried it once, took forever to load and then when it started playing there was no video.

then phone froze and rebooted lol

when i get some more time i'll change some memory settings on my phone and see if that helps.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Works fantastic on my T-BOLT