Cracked the screen on my new S3. Asurion says phone on backorder.

Youngster77

Reaction score
Dropped my phone last night and shattered the screen. Only had the phone for 2 days. :( Good news is it is covered by insurance and they've already approved my claim. Bad news is the phones on backorder. Asurion says I'll receive an email when the phone's available but no information on when that may be. Sucks...does anyone know if it will be a refurbished phone or brand new? The rep said its a 50/50 chance on whether or not the phone will be new or refurbished because the phone just recently became available. What an answer...My phones a white 32GB Verizon.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am pretty sure they won't be sending you out a new one, I would expect it to be a factory like new replacement which is why they are on back order. They probably have not had enough turned in to refurbish to fit the need yet.

They are not going to make very much money if they send out a brand new phone and only charge the user 100 bucks, though I could very well be wrong never used insurance before.

OP
Y

Youngster77

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the update nia07! I did in fact receive my replacement S3 today from Asurion and it's a brand new one! The phone and the box have an updated sticker on it. Anyone know what thats about?

Luckynum13er

Reaction score
Dropped my phone last night and shattered the screen. Only had the phone for 2 days. :( Good news is it is covered by insurance and they've already approved my claim. Bad news is the phones on backorder. Asurion says I'll receive an email when the phone's available but no information on when that may be. Sucks...does anyone know if it will be a refurbished phone or brand new? The rep said its a 50/50 chance on whether or not the phone will be new or refurbished because the phone just recently became available. What an answer...My phones a white 32GB Verizon.

Dropped mine on the 10th. Same thing, on backorder. I have the blue model. Now it's the 15th and still on backorder. Lady at customer service said it will probably be new since they don't have a lot come in. I hope so because after two days dealing with that affidavit junk and them holding my $150 for this long I feel I deserve it now. Just glad I can still use it. Anyone else break their S3 around this time still on backorder? Also, what are the wait times anyone had to endure for the blue model?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I had a htc incredible when it first came out. My apt was robbed three days after i got the phone. I waited 36 days for a new one through asurion because of backorder now that is a long time to wait.

Luckynum13er

Reaction score
Galaxy s3 asurion backorder

That is ridiculous. They told me it was 5-7 days. Did they lead you on like that too?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Said it would be 14 days originally. The 14 days came and went then it was atleast another 14 days.

jose32

Reaction score
lost my samsung S3 just a couple of days after I've got it

Did the claim on Aug 7th, Asurion stated 2-5 business days to ship. Called them five days later and now they are saying that the wait time is 5 to 7 days. Well eight (8) days later.
I’m very disappointed with this company. They should have enough phones on stock before they provide insurance.

It will be cool if we could do the same thing back to them :biggrin:
“You haven’t received my payment yet? oh sorry!!! I know I told you I sent it last week but it will take another 10 business” :icon_ devil:

I hope Sprint, Verizon, AT&T etc look into others hungry insurance companies.

PS- this is a SprintPCS blue S3

g3newbie

Reaction score
I broke mine earlier this week, I called asurion and was told my white 16GB wasnt available. I was put on the wait list but got annoyed so I called back and ask to speak to the supervisor. After some words were exChanged they upgraded my phone to the 32gb pebble blue version.

jose32

Reaction score
My phone status shipped!

That was a good one.

By the way I checked the Asurion website and it shows my phone as being shipped. Delivery is suppose to be on Monday.

They upgraded your phone to a 32GB? that is a good one!

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Sat down in a car with my incredible in my front pocket will never do that again.

g3newbie

Reaction score
I broke mine getting out of my truck. Landed screen done onto the pavement.