Cracked screen

rclark04

Reaction score
The screen looks normal but the glass part with the touch on it is gone. I can't do anything when the slide bar comes up on the screen.

rclark04

Reaction score
The glass is gone. It was just hanging there so I removed it. Well not gone, I still have it but it is not attached to the phone. I have had it for about 1 1/2 years and yes I bought it new with a new 2 year contract. I'm planning on calling Verizon tomorrow and see what my options are but I know it's not going to be good.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
1.5 years for a D1? It was released in November 2009. Had it since launch day?

With the digitizer gone you can either replace it or the phone. :(

As for getting the stuff off it, what all are you trying to get off? I was trying to figure out what the options were, but we've narrowed it down.

rclark04

Reaction score
Your probably correct. I must have gotten this around November 2009. I would like to get all the contacts, pictures any data I can get out of it. I did take the sd card out and download everything on that. Not sure what's all on the sd card though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought the pictures were on the SD card.

The contacts should be backed up with Google unless you turned that option off. As for data you're kind of screwed unless you're rooted, in which case we can basically do whatever we need to, even with the screen gone -- the dpad on the keyboard is your friend.

rclark04

Reaction score
I think all or most of the pics are on the sd card. I just got done looking through what I downloaded from the sd card. I probably have everything I need in there. Just not sure how to get my contacts from google if they are there. Do I just sign into my google account to find them?

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, mine had fallen and I received a chip in my glass. I plugged in my phone and when I got up in the morning the crack had spread. It was like a chip in the windshield that spreads. I called Verizon and Asurion, and I spent an entire day going back and forth with them about what they were going to send me for a replacement. They sent me a refurbished Droid 2, and mine was the Droid original.

MICP1480