cracked screen.

shinokodomo813

Reaction score
I have a cracked screen on my phone. Will this matter when I have an upgrade ready or no? What I mean is, when my upgrade comes around will my screen make it to where I can't upgrade? The contracts through Verizon.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The condition of your current phone does not matter when you upgrade. You'll be able to upgrade regardless. :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yep. You don't trade in your old phone. That is yours to keep.

OP
S

shinokodomo813

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm planning on buying a new phone through Amazon/eBay & dont want to spend more than 140 on a phone, id like to have it be able to get ics & above. I have an HTC & would like to stick with HTC but am not against other brand. Any suggestions?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks. I'm planning on buying a new phone through Amazon/eBay & dont want to spend more than 140 on a phone, id like to have it be able to get ics & above. I have an HTC & would like to stick with HTC but am not against other brand. Any suggestions?

Are you on Verizon?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I recently upgraded from the incredible 2 to the razr maxx hd and I love it. It has 32 gb internal storage plus an SD card slot. Currently running jelly bean 4.1.2. Check out wirefly.com. They have really good deals on Verizon phones. I have purchased my last 4 phones from them with absolutely no problems. PM me if you decide to buy from them before you purchase the phone. Good luck!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wirefly is good. If you want to stay in the HTC world and want to buy used, look at the Rezound. Should be able to get a used one for $140.

OP
S

shinokodomo813

Reaction score
I checked wirefly & they want 400-500 for a phone my budget is 140

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Thought you were due for an upgrade? If not just buy a new digitizer and replace the screen. They are cheap on eBay and very easy to install. You can google screen replacement for incredible 2 and it will walk you through each step. I did my sisters screen and her charging port with no problem.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously look at the Rezound on Ebay.
Buy it now prices range from $150-$180 so you can probably win an auction for around $140.

OP
S

shinokodomo813

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your help I have saved more money to buy the DNA. Have you guys heard anything bad about it?