Cracked screen

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by miller.kevan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. miller.kevan

miller.kevan New Member

so i set my phone on the table next to me. a second later it fell and i didnt think any thing of it until i picked it up and noticed my screen cracked. what puzzles me is it landed on the carpet there was nothing under it. my question is how hard it is to replace the screen and where do i find parts?
  2. thenub89

thenub89 New Member

here is the glass.http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=droid+2+glass&_sacat=See-All-Categories they are alot cheaper then anywhere else ive found online. but none of them come with instructions. there are no videos on youtube for the d2. the best instructions ive found are Motorola Droid 2 Teardown - iFixit but it doesnt show you how to get the glass off the case. id say if the crack doent effect your digitizer then dont worry bout it. ive seen shattered screens that still work but mine has a single crack and about 1/4 inch of my touch quit working...
  3. miller.kevan

miller.kevan New Member

thanks. well it is shattered i think my screen protector is the only thing holding it together. it started on the edge of the speaker and spidered across the whole thing. but it does work.

EDIT: i have the r2d2 just a note
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  4. miller.kevan

miller.kevan New Member

NEW QUESTION: obvously the screen is covered by Insu but does any one know if vzw has a deductiable for using it? if so how much and is it cheaper to replace the screen my self. I'm not into soldering on such small stuff if it requires solder. I bought the insu because I have three kinds and my oldest has once before decided to try and flush my wifes phone(we got lucky it worked mostly couple buttons were tempermental) but since the this one still operates normally. Idk if I should cash in on it.

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2 using DroidForums App through a cracked screen.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 r2d2 screen replacement

droid r2d2 screen replacement

how to change the broke glass on my motorola r 2 d 2 verizon
how to replace r2-d2 phone screen
how to replace scren display of drioid r2d2 phone
how to replace touch screen digitizer for motorola droid r2d
how to search replace screen on droid r2d2
r2d2 phone repair
r2d2 phone screen
replacement glass for droid r2d2