Cracked screen

miller.kevan

Reaction score
so i set my phone on the table next to me. a second later it fell and i didnt think any thing of it until i picked it up and noticed my screen cracked. what puzzles me is it landed on the carpet there was nothing under it. my question is how hard it is to replace the screen and where do i find parts?

thenub89

Reaction score
here is the glass.http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=droid+2+glass&_sacat=See-All-Categories they are alot cheaper then anywhere else ive found online. but none of them come with instructions. there are no videos on youtube for the d2. the best instructions ive found are Motorola Droid 2 Teardown - iFixit but it doesnt show you how to get the glass off the case. id say if the crack doent effect your digitizer then dont worry bout it. ive seen shattered screens that still work but mine has a single crack and about 1/4 inch of my touch quit working...

OP
M

miller.kevan

Reaction score
thanks. well it is shattered i think my screen protector is the only thing holding it together. it started on the edge of the speaker and spidered across the whole thing. but it does work.

EDIT: i have the r2d2 just a note

Last edited:
OP
M

miller.kevan

Reaction score
NEW QUESTION: obvously the screen is covered by Insu but does any one know if vzw has a deductiable for using it? if so how much and is it cheaper to replace the screen my self. I'm not into soldering on such small stuff if it requires solder. I bought the insu because I have three kinds and my oldest has once before decided to try and flush my wifes phone(we got lucky it worked mostly couple buttons were tempermental) but since the this one still operates normally. Idk if I should cash in on it.

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2 using DroidForums App through a cracked screen.

otter34

Reaction score
13 days after my g/f bought her thunderbolt she dropped it 3 feet and the screen cracked in 2 places. There is no insurance on the phone. She tried getting answers from the rep before today, the 15th day but couldn't get to the bottom of things.

What are her options? She called PCD which is apparently the warranty company and they said they could look at the phone and might replace, but it's obviously not a manufacturing defect so if they don't replace it outright they would charge her "around" $160 to fix the screen.

Is there anyplace else who would replace the screen for cheaper? $160 + shipping both ways seems a bit much.

ionide

Reaction score
Well even if you had insurance, it would have cost you 100 bucks for a replacement. I don't know how to replace the screen cheaper, but it's better than buying a phone at full retail.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thelopenator

Reaction score
Yeah ionide is right either way it'll cost ya a decent amount.reccomend a case for her lol

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

dark juggalo

Reaction score
this vid might be able help....[video=youtube;v3rjgVsSWxQ]http://youtu.be/v3rjgVsSWxQ"]YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt Teardown & Repair Directions By DirectFix.com[/video]

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Just add insurance to it and make a claim a week later, some times they let you add
Insurance after you bought the phone. I added insurance to my wife's phone 6 months after I bought it.

ionide

Reaction score
Ah, good old insurance fraud...

otter34

Reaction score
Just add insurance to it and make a claim a week later, some times they let you add
Insurance after you bought the phone. I added insurance to my wife's phone 6 months after I bought it.

This is exactly what the lady at verizon suggested. I was surprised

Palazuelosva

Reaction score

This is exactly what the lady at verizon suggested. I was surprised

Its nothing wrong with it you will end up paying $100 dollars either way for the new phone and you will have to send your original one back, they will replace the cracked screen with that of another broken phone they receive and give it to some one else. they never lose

musclemilk

Reaction score
Just dropped my nexus.

There is a 1inch crack on my screen.

I have insurance but....is it possible to get a screen replacement? Any good companies?