Cracked screen. Which would be easier

Reaction score
For me to root and reinstall all of my apps on a new phone, or take the insurance replacement and swap the LCDs half of the phone. I am more a of a nuts a bolts person, but I am slowly learning the software side. Thanks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The insurance replacement would be given to you contingent on you returning the damaged phone. Seriously, rooting and transferring would be 10,000 times easier than your other idea.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^^^ +1

i wouldnt bother trying to fix it

OP

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Can you recommend anything that can make the transfer process any simpler? I'm not worried about the rooting part, but I really don't want to go through downloading all of my apps from the market manually. Not to mention the passwords and such I have saved on my phone. Coming from windows mobile, I used to use SPB backup. Thanks again for the help.

OP

Reaction score
Yes. But I haven't run any kind of bootstraps or anything. Just rooted.

OP

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see everything fine, it is just shattered to heck. It still recognizes my inputs and all. That is why I looked into fixing it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Run Ti Backup, set it to back up EVERYTHING, and then back your SD card up to your PC. That way you have it on the SD card AND your PC and don't forget to SBF back to stock before you return your phone.