Cracked screen-Images may be disturbing to some viewers

OP
gena777

gena777

Reaction score
I sent my phone to Motorola to have the screen repaired. I shipped it on June 29th and they received it on the 2nd of July. I waited patiently until July 12th then called to see why my phone hadn't been shipped back, they originally promised it would be returned within 5-7 business days of receipt. The customer service person was very nice and checked with repair to get an update. They responded they would have an update in 24-48 hours. The next day I received an email saying the repair was complete and had been shipped out that day. It arrived on Monday July 16th. My local Verizon company store gave me a new SIM card and I was up and running right away. While my Razr Maxx was being repaired I switched my number to my old Droid X.

Motorola still hasn't billed me for the repair but their Repair Submission Receipt stated the cost would be $176.49. Not bad. The only curious thing is the phone they sent back to me isn't my phone. It is a Razr Maxx but it has a different serial number. Should I be concerned? I performed a factory reset before I sent my phone to them so I guess there is no reason to worry about my personal data...

I've never purchased insurance on any of my phones and I doubt I will start now.

mattman5000

Reaction score
I just did the exact same thing: dropped and cracked my Razr Maxx, sent it to Moto to get repaired, used my old Droid X in the meantime, received repaired Razr back from Motorola. In my case, I got my original unit back, same serial number.

OP
gena777

gena777

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention, switching between phones didn't change my unlimited plan. I was concerned that it might and went into the Verizon store to have them switch my number from one phone to the other. Even the Verizon store employee was concerned because it did make him change from a 4G plan to a 3G but still unlimited. Whew.

ms4teacher

Reaction score
mattman5000 said:
I just did the exact same thing: dropped and cracked my Razr Maxx, sent it to Moto to get repaired, used my old Droid X in the meantime, received repaired Razr back from Motorola. In my case, I got my original unit back, same serial number.

How much was the repair cost??

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
Hrmm , maybe a brand new phone :).

Googorola MAXX

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Not bad...it beats the insurance you pay monthly PLUS 100 bucks extra to recieve a new phone!

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mattman5000

Reaction score
Yeah, the repair cost hurt. But...

So this morning I was putting on my jeans. I guess I hadn't worn that particular pair in a couple of weeks. When I stuffed my hand the front pocket to straighten out the pocket liner, I jabbed something sharp :mad:. I yanked my hand out and my finger tip was bleeding. It turns out that there were several little pieces of Razr sharp Razr glass in the bottom of the pocket. I had used my broken phone for about a week before sending it in for repair. I knew that little pieces of glass were flaking off, but I never thought about them falling off inside my pocket.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ouch. That sucks. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

So this morning I was putting on my jeans. I guess I hadn't worn that particular pair in a couple of weeks. When I stuffed my hand the front pocket to straighten out the pocket liner, I jabbed something sharp :mad:. I yanked my hand out and my finger tip was bleeding. It turns out that there were several little pieces of Razr sharp Razr glass in the bottom of the pocket. I had used my broken phone for about a week before sending it in for repair. I knew that little pieces of glass were flaking off, but I never thought about them falling off inside my pocket.

Ouch.... that would definitely suck.. bad. :(

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

Front Pocket, shards of razer sharp glass..... coulda been worse, MUCH worse:icon_eek:

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Is there a number where I can report abuse of a poor innocent Droid? It got knocked the freak out!!!!!!:icon_ devil:

OP
gena777

gena777

Reaction score

I know what you mean about little sharp pieces of glass. I kept getting little micro cuts in my fingertips so I started using my touch screen gloves while I unrooted and wiped my phone before sending it to Motorola. I took it into the Verizon store to have an employee switch my number to my old phone (just wanted to be sure I wouldn't lose my unlimited plan) I warned the guy that it was sharp and to be careful. He tried making a call and held it up to his face and actually cut his cheek :( poor fellow.