Cracked screen...how to get it fixed

mtpeke

Reaction score
The Verizon store didn't give me the warranty that i asked for and now I have my first cracked screen, suggestions?

detroitwilly

Reaction score
hi, sorry to hear about your screen. That sucks. I've never heard of a warranty that covers cracked screens. I'd say one of your options would be to pay $100 to assurion and get an insurance replacement. Other than that, visit a computer/cell phone stores they usually have people in there that like to make side $ fixing screens on phones. I know around my house, they actually advertise it on their store front windows, "We Fix iPhone Screens." I'm sure if they can fix an iPhone screen they'd probably have the skill set to fix a Note 2, or at least send you in the right direction.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
hi, sorry to hear about your screen. That sucks. I've never heard of a warranty that covers cracked screens. I'd say one of your options would be to pay $100 to assurion and get an insurance replacement. Other than that, visit a computer/cell phone stores they usually have people in there that like to make side $ fixing screens on phones. I know around my house, they actually advertise it on their store front windows, "We Fix iPhone Screens." I'm sure if they can fix an iPhone screen they'd probably have the skill set to fix a Note 2, or at least send you in the right direction.

I'd like to add to that ^ above, only if you first alert Assurion to the fact that the screen is already cracked and they assure you they will honor the warranty on the device even with a pre-existing damage. In other words, don't commit insurance fraud. We here at DroidForums are strictly against insurance fraud (claiming a warranty repair for an item by purchasing the warranty AFTER the damage, then submitting the insurance claim), and will not tolerate any discussion thereof.

Thank you.
DroidForums Staff.

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
What's assurion? I don't have insurance / warranty. I am being straight up... I dropped it and it cracked.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wasn't blaming anyone for doing so, just reminding the forum that we frown upon the practice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xtor

Reaction score
You can buy screens and replace them yourself, plenty of youtube videos showing how to do it.

bb to dx to razr to note 2 oh my