1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cpu

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Firemedic67, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Firemedic67

Firemedic67 New Member

Greetings.. anybody having issues with CPU usage. I'm constantly getting the alert that phone is using high memory/CPU. Any ideas? I look at my applications and the running apps and it shows that 500mb is being used.. Thought this phone was suppose to auto kill apps??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Go into task manager on your phone and look at each running app and the percentage of CPU use and you will probably find the culprit.

Have you installed any new apps lately? Possible that it could be causing the high CPU useage.

David
  3. Firemedic67

Firemedic67 New Member

No. but I an rooted. Most of the apps that are running are main processes. home screen, settings, and google services take up 100mb alone. I do notice Facebook takes 30~40.. Will root cause this? Thanks!!
  4. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Root won't cause that, but facebook shouldn't be using that much processing power. Force close it by tapping it from the task manager and selecting "End application".
    If you notice that it becomes a chronic problem, like if it happens every time you use the facebook app, there may be more happening here than just the facebook app misbehaving a little.
  5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

You could download watch dog, and it will tell you what is taking up resource.

Have you noticed any drop in performance? Or is it just there's a notification? Android is managing your memory, but probably not in the way you think it is. Android will kill stuff when it deems it needed. Which is mostly when memory is low, and you're trying to do something that requires more memory then what's there.
  6. Firemedic67

Firemedic67 New Member

I do notice a performance issue.. Especially when playing some games. The game will stall or freeze during game play but the audio will keep going.. What information is shown in watchdog? Thanks for all your guys help!! Droid on!!
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Usage related stuff. You can also filter based on what's using the most resources. My guess is what you're currently using only tells you there is high usage, but not what's causing it.
  8. 1cheater

1cheater New Member

Juice defender is very god too
Search tags for this page
bionic cpu always running at100%
bionic memory usage high
cpu of droin razr maxx
droid bionic cpu usage high
droid razr cpu usage tool
droid razr hd and memory usage

droid razr memory usage

how to close applications on razr max memory low