Cpu

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a new cpu for my moms laptop... Its a t6400. While i know laptop cpu are hard to upgrade, im hoping someone can shed light on this... like my slot is 45nm and i would like to know what my laptop is upgradeable to. Its a toshiba satellite m305 and i was hoping maybe a site that tells me more info. Ive spent 20min googling but my efforts haven't yielded much... Any expert modders out their?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You'll need to know the motherboard model, which some googling should provide. From the mobo model you should be able to learn what the highest model processor it's upgradeable to.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll need to know the motherboard model, which some googling should provide. From the mobo model you should be able to learn what the highest model processor it's upgradeable to.

Im not sure how to find this... I have cpu-z and its giving me lots of info.
"Mainboard/TOSHIBA/Satellite M305"
"Chipset/Intel/GM45/GM47/Rev.07"
"Southbridge/82801IM (ICH9-M)/Rev.03"
"LPCIO/NS"
"Bios/TOSHIBA/Version V2.70/12/05/2008"
Is any of this helpful? Am i in the right area for motherboard model #?

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
TOSHIBA Satellite M305
Just confirmed by another program. Where do i find highest model upgradeable to?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This is going to get very technical very fast....

No, your mainboard is not satellite m305, cpuz is misreporting.

Intel gm45/47 is your chipset base, which gives me big hints as to what you can upgrade to. Basically you're stuck with core 2 duo, if you wanted an i3,i5, or i7 you would need an intel x58 based motherboard.

NOW! This still doesnt tell me what motherboard you have, and specifically which processor you could potentially upgrade to.

In cpuz, what is the cpu speed being reported as? Also go over to the ram/dimm/w.e. its labeled as page, and tell me if you have ddr2 or ddr3 installed, how much ram, and what speed it runs at.

I spent the last 10 minutes googling anything i could for the m305, and i'd like to know what submodel you have. If you look on the bottom of her, you should find a "toshiba satellite m305-#####" or something like that. I need the ##### part.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
J

Johnly

Love Toshiba's, have a X205, paid 2,000 3 years ago....lucky to dump it for 300 like it did. Over 2 years=dated old.....IMO

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love Toshiba's, have a X205, paid 2,000 3 years ago....lucky to dump it for 300 like it did. Over 2 years=dated old.....IMO

ive got 3 toshibas. 2 are AMDs though... Intel is definitely my preferred processor. and wow $2000! thats $1000 more than i spent. Was it worth it? And id have a good lookin alienware laptop for that kind of moolah.

Firemedic67

Reaction score
Greetings.. anybody having issues with CPU usage. I'm constantly getting the alert that phone is using high memory/CPU. Any ideas? I look at my applications and the running apps and it shows that 500mb is being used.. Thought this phone was suppose to auto kill apps??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Go into task manager on your phone and look at each running app and the percentage of CPU use and you will probably find the culprit.

Have you installed any new apps lately? Possible that it could be causing the high CPU useage.

David

Firemedic67

Reaction score
No. but I an rooted. Most of the apps that are running are main processes. home screen, settings, and google services take up 100mb alone. I do notice Facebook takes 30~40.. Will root cause this? Thanks!!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Root won't cause that, but facebook shouldn't be using that much processing power. Force close it by tapping it from the task manager and selecting "End application".
If you notice that it becomes a chronic problem, like if it happens every time you use the facebook app, there may be more happening here than just the facebook app misbehaving a little.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You could download watch dog, and it will tell you what is taking up resource.

Have you noticed any drop in performance? Or is it just there's a notification? Android is managing your memory, but probably not in the way you think it is. Android will kill stuff when it deems it needed. Which is mostly when memory is low, and you're trying to do something that requires more memory then what's there.

Firemedic67

Reaction score
I do notice a performance issue.. Especially when playing some games. The game will stall or freeze during game play but the audio will keep going.. What information is shown in watchdog? Thanks for all your guys help!! Droid on!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I do notice a performance issue.. Especially when playing some games. The game will stall or freeze during game play but the audio will keep going.. What information is shown in watchdog? Thanks for all your guys help!! Droid on!!

Usage related stuff. You can also filter based on what's using the most resources. My guess is what you're currently using only tells you there is high usage, but not what's causing it.