CPU use

alboboy10

Reaction score
What exactly is CPU use under android os? I also have badass battery monitor and my kernel goes up to 30%

That's what's been killing my battery a lot lately though, CPU use. I have no idea what it is but i think its the culprit for battery drain when idol and when being used.

On a day when that's not an issue my phone can go a day no problem at all. But when that's an issue I have to charge it twice.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Anybody? My android os is running up to 40% and idk why.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
What app are you using to look at this usage?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
To see the CPU use I just go to settings, battery. And then its right there.

To see the kernel use I have bad ass battery monitor and my kernel right now is at 35%

Its not an app that's causing this problem its something internal with the phone.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
That's battery use, not CPU use, and its the percent of the amount that has drained from the battery so far.

For example, if you've drained 20% from your battery (which means you have 80% remaining), and it says that Facebook has used 50%, that means that Facebook has drained half of the total 20% (which works out to 10% of course).
There are other apps listed too, you'll notice, and when added up, all the percentages should be right around 100%. Looking at mine now, they add up to 103%, probably just because of rounding error.
It can sometimes look like some apps are using a lot, but it's still just a percentage of a percentage.

To look at CPU usage, use Task Manager or an app like SystemPanel Lite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
No I know how the percentages work. But my CPU use is extremely high. My screen on time right now is at 10 minutes (in 2 hours and 10 minutes) and my keep awake is at 28 minutes and my CPU use is at 13 minutes.

So my CPU use is even higher than my screen use and I'm not using my phone much today. I don't know exactly what that means.

I lost 2% of my battery just responding now and I type fast.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Didn't wanna open a new topic about this but apparently if you're having battery issue and if you wanna see whether it was an app that you downloaded that causes battery issues you can put your phone in safe mode and it basically puts your phone the way you got it from the factory without deleting anything and functioning as a phone still.

U can do that by powering down and powering up. When Google logo pops up hold the volume key down pressed until you get on the main screen.

I'm going to try this out and if I see that the battery gets better then obviously an app is causing issues. If not then there's a faulty battery.

If anyone else is having battery issues you should try this