CPU usage

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
A few days back I got some good help on this forum concerning CPU usage during video playback. Essentially, I was getting CPU warning notifications reading usage at >90%.

After flashing Unleashed and ensuring that both cores are running at 1ghz. I am still showing 70-80% usage after 10-15 minutes; CPU will drop to 50-70% if I stop playing videos. This level-range continues to show until reboot, when it returns to single, or low double, digits.

This seems high to me, but I may just be ignorant. Thus, I am hoping that people here might be willing to report their CPU usages, in similar situations as well as differing situations, so that I can get a better feel of my relative position, usage-wise.

Also: I seem to start noticing an odd smell, which I associate w/ strained electronics, but I'm not sure if it's mainly in my head. My extended battery does get quite warm, but it's hard for me to know how to guage that, as my only other smartphone was the OG droid, which had a case.

Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alex223

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my Bionic it uses 80-90% of the CPU and it was running apps slow untill i reboot it and then it went back to normal any Idea? Help Please

OP
S

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
That's exactly how it has been happening for me. I've posted this same post on another forum, but no one has responded on there, either.

If you figure anything out please let me know.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aarong03

Reaction score
I noticed the last few days I've noticed the CPU has been running quite a bit. I can't figure out why, but I've attached what its reading out. I can't see what is running or why it's taking a high percentage of the battery. I hope by posting this maybe we can figure it out. See below,

GSam Labs - Battery Monitor - Export Data

Kernel

Dec 12, 2012 11:03:46 AM

Usage Details

CPU Usage: 55m 24s
Bytes Sent: 172.18 KB
Bytes Received: 1.29 MB

Included Packages

Included Processes

vold
loop5
migration/1