CPU usage this morning

avenged61973

Reaction score
That is good news tricia! I believe with smart actions set up you might have this problem figured out. If not we will try something else. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I read somewhere - and I have been looking for the source to refer to here on the forum - that when wifi is turned on, the phone will use less battery even if it is not connected to a wifi source. The reason behind this is it can still read the wifi data and determine location based on that, therefore not constantly searching for a GPS signal.

I use wifi all the time in my home location and regularly get better than 24 hours. Recently I traveled to another state and although I had much better 4G, I had turned Wifi off. The result was much less battery life, less than 24hours in fact. It puzzled me until I turned wifi back on and battery life improved even though I wasn't connecting to any hotspots.

David

TriciaH

Reaction score
Well I am having more wake locks today even with the smart action engaged. The phone has been on 4 hours and 6 minutes with it held awake for an hour. Still a lot better than before and I really think my signal is my main problem. Odd - until this upgrade never had any issues with signal at all. But, I am still at 94% on the battery so I think I have enough juice to get thru the day lol. This is much better than last week so even if it is not the final solution, it is sure cutting down on the wake locks. Any improvement is welcome!!

GotnFX

Reaction score
Here is something weird. I have WiFi off, GPS off (including Locations) all animation and local update of weather off in Beautiful Widgets..but my batt says WiFi is running?

View attachment 61682

TriciaH

Reaction score
Well I am happy this afternoon. Usually by this time I am at easily 9 hours of wake locks. Phone unplugged 10 hours 6 minutes, one hour of on screen time, held awake 1 hour 35 minutes which reads on GSam as 0.0%. My smart action worked beautifully! I am on wifi now so I should be good the rest of the day. Just over 10 hours and I have 88% of my battery left. System wakelock (media server) is in the app listing at 2%. Media itself is 0.6%. For me these are awesome numbers after the mess I had last week! I think I will continue like this for a while and just keep an eye on things but my battery usage sure did drop! The strange thing is - the awake time is in a block...9 am to 10:30 am. Then it sleeps unless the screen is on. So it must have had something to do during that 90 minutes.

Last edited:

avenged61973

Reaction score
Well I am happy this afternoon. Usually by this time I am at easily 9 hours of wake locks. Phone unplugged 10 hours 6 minutes, one hour of on screen time, held awake 1 hour 35 minutes which reads on GSam as 0.0%. My smart action worked beautifully! I am on wifi now so I should be good the rest of the day. Just over 10 hours and I have 88% of my battery left. System wakelock (media server) is in the app listing at 2%. Media itself is 0.6%. For me these are awesome numbers after the mess I had last week! I think I will continue like this for a while and just keep an eye on things but my battery usage sure did drop! The strange thing is - the awake time is in a block...9 am to 10:30 am. Then it sleeps unless the screen is on. So it must have had something to do during that 90 minutes.

Awesome! I'm glad that helped!

avenged61973

Reaction score
Wonderful..Thanks Tricia! I may used Matt's Utility and redownload JB. Hopefully that will help resolve this..

I had this happen to me to gotnfx. When I cleared everything out and used the utility to reinstall It hasn't happened again. Good luck!

GotnFX

Reaction score
I had this happen to me to gotnfx. When I cleared everything out and used the utility to reinstall It hasn't happened again. Good luck!

Good to know! Downloading Utility now!

TriciaH

Reaction score
Well I think we hit on the answer to my problem! At least I am happy with the results. My battery life is back again!!
The keep awake was between like 9 and 10:30 this morning and then just awake when the screen was on and the device was being used. Took a lot of trial and error but you folks sure did help me out with finding a solution and I sure appreciate all of you!
View attachment 61685

GotnFX

Reaction score
Well all seems good for now regarding the "overly active mind of its own' WiFi. It hasn't turned on by itself. FDRd before reflashing using Matt's Utility.. rerooted and hoping all stays this way..Hopefully battery gets better too....getting over 20 hours..but will see if I can squeeze the maxx out of this phone..:)

GotnFX

Reaction score
Hope that is the end of that issue for you! These phones sure have come up with some odd stuff after this update.

Thanks Tricia! Thus far all seems good. This update has definitely been a challenge. I am wondering if another OTA update will come just to try and fix some of these issues. I never had these problems on the Christmas JB leak....I have been getting more 3G/4G bounces a lot..had always had solid 4G..maybe VZ is fixing some things with the towers..one can just hope that is the case.....