CPU tuner

x666x

Reaction score
What does everyone think about CPU tuner..good? Bad? What is it good for? I downloaded it but I don't see much difference in like my speed and everything.
Sent from my Tazz Vanilla using DroidForums

OP
X

x666x

Reaction score
What does everyone think about CPU tuner..good? Bad? What is it good for? I downloaded it but I don't notice any difference with the speed or anything

paul gyver

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found that it worked very well when I was rooted and overclocked with stock rom. With custom roms that I use now I have no need for it unless I set up profiles but even then it wasn't very useful for me so I uninstalled it.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's nice but I have given up on profiles. Smartass from now on.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've always liked how it has profiles that can turn on/off any settings that use battery. ie, cpu, 3g, gps, wifi, sync etc etc, all based on battery life.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
What does everyone think about CPU tuner..good? Bad? What is it good for? I downloaded it but I don't see much difference in like my speed and everything.

Never used it, I would suggest SetCPU, however, if you ever flash to Cyanogenmod, it has it's own CPU overclock settings.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Anyone use CPU tuner? I am using it with Chevy's ulv 1.25 kernal set to interactive and V6 supercharger and it is bogging down my phone. It does seem to be helping the battery, but not sure it's worth it. Does setcpu have similar effects?

I may have to adjust the profiles a bit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jpin321

Reaction score
Are you running simply stunning? If so I would suggest using the built in cpu controls set to interactive. save you some storage space and ram.

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah i am but my battery is terrible so thought I'd give this a try. it does seem to help battery and I like being able to set profiles but its to slow and lagging now. Guess ill just have to deal with poor battery.

Does CPU tuner override Chevy's governors?

jpin321

Reaction score
Setcpu does so I assume cpu tuner will as well.

How bad is your battery? What rom are you using?

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Maybe try a different kernel. Bad battery life and slowness could come from using a speed or voltage your phone doesn't like.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I deleted it. Yeah I'm using ss5.4 with the 1.25 ulv kernal set to interactive. Maybe my bat is not as bad as I think. I get like 8 hours under heavy use.

I just get crazy battery drops that i can't seem to fix. Goes from 40 to 20 almost instantly and 15 to completely shutdown seems to last forever. Basically I consider my phone dead at 15% but ill get like a good 2 hours until it shutsdown.

I've tried the battery calibration app and the clear battle stats in recovery while plugged in at 100%. Then allow for a complete discharge and a complete recharge.