CPU toggle

Devlin85

Reaction score
Where is it..

Where is the performance toggle? or CPU Toggle? I've read on multiple reviews that there are three modes to choose from.. Battery Saver, Performance and Smart. But I can't find this option anywhere..

hoppermi

Reaction score
go to the info screen in set CPU and watch the time in state for each slot while toggling to cpu button. make sure your max is set to at least 200Mhz below the top slot.
Unlit= +200 Mhz
lit= whatever max is set to.

Edit. I am using the stock kernel. I normally don't use set CPU w/ this Rom. I just turned it on to verify.

Armyof2

Reaction score
yeah...looks like setcpu overrides anything that lil toggle does...I like my profiles to keep my battery up and haven't noticed any performance issues so i'll stick with setcpu controlling that stuff for me

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is the CPU toggle for?

Unlit: Underclock CPU by approximately 200 MHz
Lit: Full speed ahead

its actually opposite.

This was verified using set cpu. This was one of the reasons I started using 0.8 ghz kernels because I was getting issues with the cpu overclocking on its own because I would test the light.

Verified

Setcpu

1000 mhz kernel set to 1000 mhz.

Light up the light...it underclocks to 800mhz (verified in actual slots in info tab as well)

Unlit...it maxed out my kernel in set cpu.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
in the scrolling notification menu for power controls.

stumpie

Reaction score
Good grief ..I thought I looked everywhere ...Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

frostthejack

Reaction score
lit it down clocks if you notice there is a down arrow on the cpu icon so if it is lit is underclocked also you will notice that if you have the battery saver thing in setting turned on when your battery gets low it lights up that cpu icon turning it on.