CPU Temperature.?

Sheryl John

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 (Duos)
I’m looking for the CPU temp.
Anybody know what are the values in green and red box in the pic attached/linked signify?
This pic is from AIDA64/CPUZ
aida64_thermal.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Max77854-fuelgauge represents the "Battery Fuel Gauge IC Maxim MAX77854 PMIC (Power Monitor Integrated Circuit), or other similar chips on other motherboards for 1-Cell Lithium-ion (Li+) Batteries" (see image below in pink box far right).

40bb0d4848f53af39df4aa3b9114b895.jpg

8006ec1fb0f700e64fc653e085562a34.jpg

This is the integrated circuit that monitors the levels of Lithium Ion batteries to make sure that they are being charged safely. It is used to determine when charging should be started, increased or decreased in rate of charge, and most importantly when to interrupt charging altogether.

This is based on the battery’s relative state-of-charge (SOC) which is the amount of current stored versus is most recently determined capacity. Most use the easiest measurement obtainable (i.e. voltage level), and compare it against a model of expected performance (varying charge/discharge profiles), at any given time. This is a complicated algorithm taking into consideration such things as ambient temperature, performance, whether on charge or not, and other metrics. Others actually read current levels as well for even greater accuracy.

Critical temperature for this IC (and all others in the group listed above), is 85c. Normal operating range (where greatest accuracy of information is achieved), is from -20c to +70c.

The other " therm_zone" variables listed I believe are for other support chips on the motherboard, and are not chip specific. Instead they are likely free sensor variables made available by the Linux/Android OS to be assigned at will, by the manufacturer for specific chips on the gamut of different motherboards in order to support various manufacturers.

I'll see if I can find any additional information about the zones 0 thru 4.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
S

Sheryl John

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 (Duos)
Max77854-fuelgauge represents the "Battery Fuel Gauge IC Maxim MAX77854 PMIC (Power Monitor Integrated Circuit), or other similar chips on other motherboards for 1-Cell Lithium-ion (Li+) Batteries" (see image below in pink box far right).

This is the integrated circuit that monitors the levels of Lithium Ion batteries to make sure that they are being charged safely. It is used to determine when charging should be started, increased or decreased in rate of charge, and most importantly when to interrupt charging altogether.

This is based on the battery’s relative state-of-charge (SOC) which is the amount of current stored versus is most recently determined capacity. Most use the easiest measurement obtainable (i.e. voltage level), and compare it against a model of expected performance (varying charge/discharge profiles), at any given time. This is a complicated algorithm taking into consideration such things as ambient temperature, performance, whether on charge or not, and other metrics. Others actually read current levels as well for even greater accuracy.

Critical temperature for this IC (and all others in the group listed above), is 85c. Normal operating range (where greatest accuracy of information is achieved), is from -20c to +70c.

The other " therm_zone" variables listed I believe are for other support chips on the motherboard, and are not chip specific. Instead they are likely free sensor variables made available by the Linux/Android OS to be assigned at will, by the manufacturer for specific chips on the gamut of different motherboards in order to support various manufacturers.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for CPU Temp. currently I don't see anyway to find the CPU Temp. whenever I feel the Galaxy S7 is considerably hot (in comparison with my LG G4)

OP
S

Sheryl John

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 (Duos)

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for CPU Temp. currently I don't see anyway to find the CPU Temp. whenever I feel the Galaxy S7 is considerably hot (in comparison with my LG G4)
Here are something based on my recent tests and findings,

The problem is when the device is under heavy load(NFS No Limits game). therm_zoneX values goes upto 61C, which I don't care if the device is still not much hot to hold in hand but it isn't. Compared to my LG G4 it gets hot soon for the same amount of load based on my tests. And makes me unpleasant of the fact that the I can't enjoy the amazing performance of gaming in this phone not even longer when compared to the HTC & LG phones I had. Even simple tasks like switching between Whatsapp and Tapatalk in the background for almost 5 min made the device unusually warm while there isn't anything else heavy running in the background. All these is considering the fact that my room temperature isn't very hot. What is your opinion?

I think the below attached images(4) will help you understand it better on the temp. variations on various tasks and where do I feel it warm/hot. I strongly believe it's unusual based on my experience in previous 5 years with various devices. Do you observe something similar. Please have a look.

PS: The NFS No Limits temp. readings were similar to someone who posted in the different thread.
heat area side.png heat area.png cpu temp gaming.jpg cpu temp usual.jpg