1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cpu temp

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Pauliewalnutted, May 16, 2010.

1. Pauliewalnutted

Pauliewalnutted New Member

Do you guys worry about the cpu being cooked? Especially those running bbv1.o? What is the highest temp the cpu should be running at? Thinking of moving down to the 800 kernal...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. inconspicuous bandito

inconspicuous bandito New Member

Let me google that for you
  3. TedWilliams

TedWilliams New Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    I wouldn't be too concerned. Unless you're cpu temp is constantly in the 120s, even when in standby/sleep. You could always try using a low voltage kernel. I guess it really all depends what you're currently using.
  4. verian

verian Guest

I use set cpu profiles set them all. there is no point of having it maxed all the time. dial it back.

for charging I drop to, 550
    sleep stand by, 550
    battery < 50, 550

Honestly who needs their cpu to be running 1.25 when the phone is in your pocket. It helps with battery life a lot.
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

BBv1.0 has a built in cpu scaler. You do not need SetCpu. I have the 1.0Ghz kernel installed and I've never seen it get over 111 degrees even while rapidly surfing graphics intense sites. In fact, I've quit using Temp Monitor. Using BBv1.0 has allowed me to stop using SetCpu and Temp Monitor. :)
  6. Pauliewalnutted

Pauliewalnutted New Member

I was thinking the same thing, until I randomly downloaded tempmonitor and saw the temp at 120f for like 30min straight, and all I was using was tapatalk and dolphin browser...now I dunno what to think

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Larkitect

Larkitect New Member

have you tried a different kernel? i'm running pete's latest 1.0 ROM with a 1.2GHz p3 kernel. even though he says to run the bekit kernels, i've not had a problem with the p3 kernel and it's the only kernel i've used since installing the ROM. i idle at 25c and under heavy load it hovers between 40c and 45c. and i still use setcpu to make sure the cpu doesn't get carried away (>50c).
  8. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

i never let mine go above 40 C...i just stop using it for a minute or 2 and let it get back down into the 20s.