CPU Temp sensor (YES there IS one).

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by KZIWarrior, Feb 7, 2010.

1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just found this info over on AllDroid for those interested. In short there IS a sensor on the CPU itself and it is now readable thanks to Taz and his new kernel(s).
    AllDroid - View topic - [Release] TazKernel 1.3GHz and TempMonitor Reborn (02/06/10)

TempMonitor, as mentioned in Taz's post has now been updated to include this in it's reports and readings. Note it will now show you both the CPU temp and the next 'best sensor' from the board (usually the sensor with highest temp report, again from the board sensors, so it ignores the battery sensor).
    AllDroid - View topic - [Release] Temp Monitor (Updated 02/02/10)

Before anyone asks YES you must use the Taz kernel and NO this does NOT mean you have to flash a new ROM.

I've PM'd Pete over at AllDroid to ask if he will be including the new Kernel(s) in his next BB build. I'll post when he replies.

I've also PM'd the developer of SetCPU to ask how/if this will effect SetCPUs 'temp' profile and if he will support this exploit on his next build.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, good find....I didn't know this yet

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Noone did. In fact if you look there are people specifically claiming that there wasn't one. Why I figured I'd let the people know.

Also the Taz kernel seems to be a bit smoother/faster than the evil kernel(s). I flashed it to my BB and on the same speed settings there a noticeable difference.

4. metalmenance

metalmenance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for right now i just checked it in setcpu details, i dont need to see it on screen all the time

5. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I was so excited to try the 1300MHz, but nope, it keeps freezing up and rebooting....which sucks, but it might be because I'm running Sholes new ROM....because their ROM won't let me run at 1000MHz, but for some reason Bugless Beauty let me run 1GHz for the whole time I had it basically (about a week or 2)....with absolutely no problems at 1GHz or 1.1GHz.....I might switch back to BB so I can run at 1.3GHz....seriously debating it...

6. roberj13

roberj13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Find KZI. I'm excited to get this up and running later.

Nate, why are you not able to run 1GHz on Sholes?

7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I've been running Beast 7.4 since it came out and after loading Taz's 1.3, I had nothing but reboots and freezes. I installed the 1.1 Taz and its seems totally stable and fast. I did some surfing and I the only difference I see is the chip temp changes much more quickly than the other temp reading. I'm disappointed mine won't run at 1.3, but 1.1 is still pretty good. It appears noticeably quicker than the 950 native to Beast 7.4. Got my fingers crossed.

8. luisdroid

luisdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running sholes 2.0.2 and I get force closes, reboots, and wifi tether doesn't work correctly. But I'm going to try out taz's ROM. And I'll come back to sholes when I want to try again.has anybody tested the battery life while running 1.3 ghz?

9. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Got the 1.1 set back to 950 doing 8mflops. As opposed to 6.7 on 800. Wifi works, seems great so far. The temp changes a lot faster on the cpu too...

10. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    Taz doesn't have a ROM, not that I know of. If your referring to whats in the OP's link to alldroid, that is not a ROM, those are new kernels for your system.....you can apply the kernel to a ROM....

11. Techenigma

Techenigma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just attempted the 1.3Ghz kernel. Instant reboot once it loaded the home screen. Refused to boot at 1.3Ghz. Now its reflashed to the 1.1 Ghz kernel and is stuck at the boot animation. So obviously it didn't like the 1.3 kernel at all. Currently resotring back to my saved backup, and will attempt 1.1 Ghz again. I previously had it running the 1 Ghz evilboot kernel flawlessly, and it worked fairly reliably on the 1.1 evilboot kernel. I wonder why its so fussy with the 1.1 taz kernel?

12. luisdroid

luisdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry. Lol thanks for the clarification. I'm posting from my droid and I must have read over the OP too quickly.

Search tags for this page
android cpu temperature
android cpu temperature sensor
droid incredible 2 temp sensor?
htc incredible proximity sensor problem

htc incredible temperature sensor

htc thunderbolt temperature sensor
is there a temperature sensor in htc pg32120
motorola droid x temperture sensor
note 2 cpu temp wrong
temperature monitor incredible droid