Cpu help!!!

ndd

Reaction score
How should i set up my setcpu settings to extend battery life?

about all you can do with setcpu is underclock the cpu; to really extend battery life, you'll need to undervolt the phone. are you running the stock ROM?

ndd

Reaction score
Ok how do i set it up?

just open up setcpu and select your max cpu frequency. you could play around with the governors/schedulers, but I don't think they'll make much difference in battery life. if you really want an increase, you'll need to install a custom ROM. eclipse 1.3.4 is gving me much better life than the stock ROM. if you want to go that route, there are lots of posts detailing how to install safestrap.

OP
A

Alexis_88

Reaction score
ndd said:
just open up setcpu and select your max cpu frequency. you could play around with the governors/schedulers, but I don't think they'll make much difference in battery life. if you really want an increase, you'll need to install a custom ROM. eclipse 1.3.4 is gving me much better life than the stock ROM. if you want to go that route, there are lots of posts detailing how to install safestrap.

Ok thank u

OP
A

Alexis_88

Reaction score
ndd said:
just open up setcpu and select your max cpu frequency. you could play around with the governors/schedulers, but I don't think they'll make much difference in battery life. if you really want an increase, you'll need to install a custom ROM. eclipse 1.3.4 is gving me much better life than the stock ROM. if you want to go that route, there are lots of posts detailing how to install

?

ndd

Reaction score
just 1 more questions I set the max at 1200 but what do I set the minimum at?

set it at the lowest value, which should be 300. when I was running stock, I used the hotplug governor with the noop scheduler, but you'll have to play with it to see what's best for your phone and usage pattern.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
According to XDA, Hotplugx has more optimized code to turn on/off the 2nd core faster than hotplug.

I'm running 1380 OC, speedscript V4, Hotplugx, and Noop. Sometimes Pegasusq governor works well too.

ndd

Reaction score
According to XDA, Hotplugx has more optimized code to turn on/off the 2nd core faster than hotplug.

I'm running 1380 OC, speedscript V4, Hotplugx, and Noop. Sometimes Pegasusq governor works well too.

yeah, but he says he's running the stock ROM, which doesn't have hotplugx. he'll have to go to a custom ROM to get all those goodies.

Nasa

Reaction score
Best way to conserve battery is turn off updates and network when not needed.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2