1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CPU Governor Question

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Goose07, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Goose07

Goose07 New Member

Hey Everyone,

I've installed Bugless Beast 0.6.1 and it's AWESOME! However I had a question around the default CPU Governor "Interactive"

I did some research on what setCPU uses and what they mean, but Interactive seems to be something completely different. Would someone be able to explain to me what this is, and whether it's the best governor for the Stock Kernel?

One of the reasons I ask this, is because a few times recently I've seen a crazy lag, that lasts for about 2 minutes, then goes away. When I had compcache enabled, it took longer to go away, so I disabled compcache after seeing other "newer" kernels were plagued with lag issues using compcache. I realize that these are two likely different problems, but where is the lag coming from, and what is the best setting for my CPU Governor?

Thanks!
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Interactive governor favors higher frequencies more often.
  3. Goose07

Goose07 New Member

So then I'm probably using more battery as I'm staying at a higher frequency threshold. What is recommended for the stock kernel? Does it depend on what you want to get out of it?
  4. bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind New Member

I am also curious about the interactive governor. I'm going to experiment with various governor settings, and I'll report back with my findings.
  5. Goose07

Goose07 New Member

I probably should have just done the same thing, but I appreciate your efforts! Thank you!
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Interesting, I have been getting considerably less lag than when I had Compcache disabled. Though I will say though the ROM does fly most of the time it does see to have more times of lag than some other ROMs. Think I might try another kernel soon.
Search tags for this page
2013 android what is the best setting for cpu govenor
android cpu governors explained
android governors

best android governor

best android governor settings
best cpu frequency for android governor intractive

best governor android

best governor for stock kernel
best interactive governor settings
best quantumkernel governor to use
droid razr cpu governor