CPU Getting above 50*C

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by jbrock98, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had been running shadow rom 4 a week, & everytime I would charge it the battery temp would get so hot 2 the point of SetCPU giving me the failsafe warning I had it 48*C so above that,(stock kernel) after couple times doing that I wanted cpu temp monitoring so I flashed chevy' kernel w/ the cpu temp b/c I was worried about the temp, I flashed the same kernel I flash on every rom & one that's never given me problem 1.1ghzLV and after charging the cpu got over 50degrees I would unplug & turn off my phone, reboot after 5min, temp went back down then finish charging but yesterday after charging the cpu got up past 50 so I did the steps again and rebooted and started recharging then it'd get right back up past 50*C so I said screw it I just won't charge it so I turned phone off yada yada but didn't charge it but the CPU got back up past 50 degrees at its height it was 56, I was just using my phone like always (no flash videos)I use setcpu to monitor battery & temp monitor for the cpu temp so I cover all bases, I would say it could be the kernel but I had the problem w/ stock kernel, and at night I put my phone on the dock & it charges & doesn't get hot....I use all verizon moto droid cords so I have no clue, had to restore back up
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try a p3 lv 1100, for some reason chevy kernels run hot on shadow...

3. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the problem before chevy kernels, but I just went back 2 stock kernel, the problem keep happening I went back to stock UD8 the problem stoppped, then I went to sapphire stock kerenls & problem is back, seems like my phone only likes CM&UD anymore

Sent from my Confused Droid using Tapatalk

4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    did you check in about phone > system updates...and see if an OTA update is attempting to push to your phone? I know it is something that people have had happen (including me) with Chevys ROM. The simple fix for it in root explorer.

check and see if that verizon OTA update is running in the background on your system update menu.

5. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is happening on shadow rom & sapphire...haven't been on chevy's rom in a minute, I do use his kernels when I change from the roms stock kernel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk