Cpitalization - first word in message

robert7771

Reaction score
I'm new so bear with me. I've seen discussions about capitalization but none that refer to my problem; the 1st word doesn't capitalize. It works after . and i is appropriately I but it doesn't get the 1st word of a message capped.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Using the text or mail applications and either the regular or Swype keyboards, everything I type is initially capitalized. The only time the first word is not capitalized is when I use the speech to text feature in which case the first word is not capitalized. Otherwise, I always see the first letter always capitalized.

compchick813

Reaction score
What keyboard are you using? I've noticed this issue sometimes with the swype beta, but not with the swype that came preloaded on my DX.

OP
R

robert7771

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't specific. It's when I'm using speech to text. I see that kevinkar has the same problem. I hope there's a way out because I like using the feature; it works great. I use Dragon on my laptop (everything here is speech to text)

Johnathan529

Reaction score
Im kind of lost but if your talking about the auto capitalization settings for multi touch and swype keyboards go-to Settings > Language and Keyboard > then pick either swype or multi touch and there you can turn auto capitalization

OP
R

robert7771

Reaction score
No problem with swipe or multi touch -- just speech to text. No cap on the first word of a message (or google search)

Johnathan529

Reaction score
Ohhh I know what you mean I've tried to figure that out myself before but no luck I do know that at the end of a sentence you can say "Period" or "question mark" it will put those in but other than that nada maybe there's a how to use voice search thread somewhere ....