Cover for Motorola Razr Maxx that is compatible with HD docking station

mgbklyn

Reaction score
I just bought a docking station for my Droid Motorola Razr Maxx. I currently have a really bulky cover and it doesn't fit on the docking station.

Do you have any recommendations for slim covers that will easily dock and charge?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum.. I don't think any of the cases are compatible... I'm not 100% sure though.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.. I don't think any of the cases are compatible... I'm not 100% sure though.

I'm afraid he's right. I'm using Verizon's gel case, which is VERY thin, and my Maxx will not fit in the docking station. The station was originally made for the Razr (which was thinner than the Razr Maxx), so the Maxx barely fits in it even without a case...

MAKVA

Reaction score
The Qmadix case works perfectly. Specifically, the "Metalix Snap-On Cover." It adds no depth at all to the top of the phone.

OP
M

mgbklyn

Reaction score
The Qmadix case works perfectly. Specifically, the "Metalix Snap-On Cover." It adds no depth at all to the top of the phone.

Thank you all for your help. I will try the Qmadix. I had no idea this would be so complicated!

rosariorose9

Reaction score
^^^

Which dock (model #) are you using with that case? I'm using the Motorola Razr Maxx HD dock (see pic below), and the Maxx barely fits in it as it is. With my Verizon gel case (which is VERY thin), it will not fit.

View attachment 54222

AirJunky

Reaction score
There are two docks for the Razr... the Standard (Part#: MOTRAZRHDDOK) & the Premium (Part#: MOTRAZRHDSTN) that has 3 USP ports ..... plus the Vehicle dock (Part#: MOT916MNT) . I have the Standard & the Vehicle docks. And the phone fits in them both with the Diztronic case on it. It's snug. But it fits.

BTW, there is a plastic spacer in them both that you have to remove for the thicker Maxx to fit. With no case, you run the Maxx spacer. With a case, you run no spacer at all.

Last edited:

rosariorose9

Reaction score
...BTW, there is a plastic spacer in them both that you have to remove for the thicker Maxx to fit. With no case, you run the Maxx spacer. With a case, you run no spacer at all.

There are times when I feel even more stupid than I do generally...and this is one of those times. Just removed the spacer, and my Maxx in its case now fits fine. Thanks for cluing in this clueless guy... dancedroid