Couple (stupid) Droid questions

DC4MVP

Reaction score
1. How come Android's Facebook app (default) won't allow Facebook chat when the iPhone can? Will this be updated with 2.1?

2. Will Droid ever be able to steam videos not on YOUTUBE?

3. Will I ever be able to open an audio stream from a random website such as a local radio station?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Adobe Flash 10.1 is released for us then yeah 2 and 3 will be probably be fixed. But i dont know about FB I dont use it

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. How come Android's Facebook app (default) won't allow Facebook chat when the iPhone can? Will this be updated with 2.1?

2. Will Droid ever be able to steam videos not on YOUTUBE?

3. Will I ever be able to open an audio stream from a random website such as a local radio station?

1) because not all phones, and apps are created equal. Facebook created the app, has had more time to develop the iPhone app. 2nd question in question 1: no, It is an app update, not an Android update that would change the Facebook app.

2) as already mentioned, yes.

3) Probably not from any random website but websites that have non-flash based streams would work. There are apps that let you stream radio stations, police and fire scanners, etc. Search the market for the word streaming.