couple questions

Derek32

Reaction score
okay i got my fascinate in september i think? and recedntly it has stoped vibrating altogether. not really a problem for me. but the battery likfe sucks lately and if it dies or i turn it off, most of the time when i turn it on it goes on in "safemode" and i have to take the batteery out and reboot the phone to get it out of safemode. i think im jusdt going to root it and get 2.2. i know this has been asked before but im still very confused. how can i root? probbably a bad question lol and once rooted how hard is it to unroot in case i need to replace the phone?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you read everything thoroughly. Rooting can be risky but is relatively straight forward if you understand the directions entirely. Once rooted there are additional things you need to know. So ask plenty of questions if you have them. On a side note, I would stay away from using voodoo kernels if you are new to root. If you use the above rooting method you probably will have to stick with froyo roms and not go backwards to 2.1. I am not sure how easy it is to go back to unrooted.

k rock

Reaction score
Make sure you read everything thoroughly. Rooting can be risky but is relatively straight forward if you understand the directions entirely. Once rooted there are additional things you need to know. So ask plenty of questions if you have them. On a side note, I would stay away from using voodoo kernels if you are new to root. If you use the above rooting method you probably will have to stick with froyo roms and not go backwards to 2.1. I am not sure how easy it is to go back to unrooted.

There's an ODIN package that puts your phone back to stock like you just pulled it out of the box. DI01 ODIN back to stock and unroot

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

There's an ODIN package that puts your phone back to stock like you just pulled it out of the box. DI01 ODIN back to stock and unroot

Thanks! Good to know. That doesn't seem to hard.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
still confused but ill figure it out lol. now i reado somewhere that you can wipe the memory of you batttery.. how is that done?

k rock

Reaction score
still confused but ill figure it out lol. now i reado somewhere that you can wipe the memory of you batttery.. how is that done?

Note: Make sure to only do this when the battery is completely charged to 100%. Do that by charging to 100%, turn phone off with charger still attached, charge to 100% while off, turn on, let it charge to 100% again, then run terminal emulator.

1. Charge the battery to 100%

2. Get a terminal emulator from the market

3. Open terminal emulator, type “su” next to the $ sign and press enter
a. You should get a pop up that says “super user permission granted”
b. You should see a # sign

4. Next to the # sign type "bstats” and press enter
a. Your phone will reboot

5. It will take 2 or 3 days to know for sure if this worked or not. If not, re-do steps 1-4

6. Continually reboot until your battery consistantly shows 3-5%.
a. The goal here is to deplete the battery as fast and as safe as possible. You want to reboot the phone until you continually get around 4 % - 2 %. The battery its self will not let the phone ask for too much. There are other posts on other forums that will say you can stop at 10 %. This is not always the case. After several restarts my phone got to 41 %. And magically the next boot it showed 7 %. The next boot was 14 % then back down to 10 % and on it went, up and down. An hour later my phone was down to 4 %.

7. After you get a consistent charge reporting and are down to 2-4%, charge your phone to 100%.
a. It is best to do this last step with the phone off

Steps 1-4 may be nessicary each time you flash a new ROM.

Steps 5-7 should put your phone back in sync with your battery. 5-7 may not be nessicary for everyone and should only be done if steps 1-4 dont work. Again, it may take 2 or 3 days to know if this worked.

fordee11

Reaction score

Note: Make sure to only do this when the battery is completely charged to 100%. Do that by charging to 100%, turn phone off with charger still attached, charge to 100% while off, turn on, let it charge to 100% again, then run terminal emulator.

5. It will take 2 or 3 days to know for sure if this worked or not. If not, re-do steps 1-4

a. The goal here is to deplete the battery as fast and as safe as possible. You want to reboot the phone until you continually get around 4 % - 2 %. The battery its self will not let the phone ask for too much. There are other posts on other forums that will say you can stop at 10 %. This is not always the case. After several restarts my phone got to 41 %. And magically the next boot it showed 7 %. The next boot was 14 % then back down to 10 % and on it went, up and down. An hour later my phone was down to 4 %.

7. After you get a consistent charge reporting and are down to 2-4%, charge your phone to 100%.

Steps 5-7 should put your phone back in sync with your battery. 5-7 may not be nessicary for everyone and should only be done if steps 1-4 dont work. Again, it may take 2 or 3 days to know if this worked.

.... or you run your battery down to about 10 percent, boot into clockwork, and go to advanced, and wipe battery stats.. charge to 100 percent... thats what worked for me

k rock

Reaction score

.... or you run your battery down to about 10 percent, boot into clockwork, and go to advanced, and wipe battery stats.. charge to 100 percent... thats what worked for me

Battstats in cwm is broken. It doesn't work.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

fordee11

Reaction score

Battstats in cwm is broken. It doesn't work.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

ohhhh, well it worked for me! haha